January 2013 Moms

Stretchmarks

To all the ladies that have been dealing with any kind of stretchmarks, what kind of moisturizer/lotion have you been using? I used a baby lotion for a few months then ran out pretty fast and am now using a shea butter lotion I picked up from my work at Bath & Body. It works like a dream!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image

Re: Stretchmarks

• Ugh. Stretchmarks.  Don't even get me started!  Didn't seem to matter what lotion I used.  I use cocoa butter just to help with itching.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been using just a regular lotion. I don't like the smell of cocoa butter so I figured I would just moisturize with the regular and if I get stretch marks I get them.,
  • Loading the player...
  • imageprincessbmw:

Ugh. Stretchmarks.  Don't even get me started!  Didn't seem to matter what lotion I used.  I use cocoa butter just to help with itching.

This. Nothing helped, but I use a cocoa butter lotion to help with the itchiness and that doesn't even help much....SO ITCHY! 

Anniversary

• I used aloe vera lotion, Hawaiian Tropic to be exact because it was the only lotion that I could stand the smell of, even unscented drove me nuts.  It helped with the itching and I didn't get any stretch marks either.  I'm pretty pleased with the results.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• I don't have them terribly, but they are in the exact same spots I had them with DD two years ago.  Luckily, in between, they went away, so hopefully they will again after this pregnancy.

As far as lotion, I have used everything, not to get rid of or prevent them, but to combat the itchiness. It's driving me nuts!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just using cocoa butter but I got them sooo bad with a few of baby's growth spurts and now I'm using Palmer's Body Butter and it seems to be helping a little.
    Pregnant after 1 miscarriage and 1 late loss. Due July 20, 2013. I am on daily Lovenox injections after finding out I have MTHFR deficiency and Homocystinuria. I hope with this treatment we will bring home a baby this time. I believe in you, Nugget.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage

I am a mother to an angel baby boy, born still at almost 39 weeks gestation on January 23, 2013image

• Palmer's Tummy Butter is awesome. A friend of mine gave it to me because she didnt like the feeling it left, but I like the way it feels. I had a nurse compliment me on how I only had two faint marks, but I admit I have been lathering it on every morning after my shower, then I use regular baby lotion at night.
  • I have used Burt's Bees Mama Bee oil religiously since the first time I couldn't button my pants and have no stretch marks....yet! 

I use it at night after showering...it's not so good for getting dressed immediately after.  

I don't know if its good genes to mama bees, but I'm not going to test it!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"