Multiples

annnnnnd pre-e testing begins...

blood pressure gradually went up the last two weeks, now at 140/92. trace proteins in on my strip test today. so I got to do a blood draw and I'm starting the 24hr catch. said it could be nothing, but best to do the tests right now rather than wait a week. might not get to go to the end of January after all... careful what you wish for, right? 
image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

Re: annnnnnd pre-e testing begins...

• :( Hang in there. Hope you make it a few more weeks!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • that's what got me. fingers crossed you can hold out a bit longer!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Even if the tests come back bad, we still probably caught it early enough to make it the next two or three weeks - boys will be "term" on the 21st... not too bad. They want me to keep my legs up and stay hydrated and wait for results. They wouldn't have been concerned if it was just one symptom, but on top of the BP and the trace proteins I also have increasingly bad swelling in my feet, I've started having the little bright specs in my vision occasionally (mostly just after rubbing my eyes in the morning, but still), and they're concerned that my constant rib pain and occasional heartburn could be less to do with James being too high and more to do with my liver. 

But we'll see what happens. Could all be totally coincidental. 
    image  image

image image

Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Pre-e symptoms crept in like this for me too.  First higher blood pressure, then trace urine a week later (24 hour catches every other day!), then I went into labor just prior to 36 weeks.  My mo/di twins were perfect, and just five days in NICU to maintain temperature.  It will be good however long you go at this point!
    Identical twin girls born via c-section 12/3/12 Son born 3/26/08
  • hoping you can cook those babies a little longer!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Mine crept in week 30- I held it off until week 36 with rest and avoiding salt. Good luck!
  • Hang in there! That is what I have been on bedrest for and it has helped keep things "lower". GL! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Hoping it's nothing and you can keep cooking those babies!
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I was in the same boat, I had scarce pre-e until I delivered at 35.6 with a crazy, crazy high bp.  Good luck and take it as easy as you possibly can!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Good luck. I hope it's nothing and it very well could be. I had the same scare at 28 weeks and luckily my blood work and 24 hour catch came back fine for now so they are just continuing to watch me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • So far my AST and my uric acid tests came back in normal-low ranges, so that's good. Still waiting on the calcium/protein results for my 24hr catch, my blood creatinine, and my CBC to come back. But AST/UA being normal makes pre-e a lot less likely, right?? 
    image  image

image image

• imageRynleigh:
    So far my AST and my uric acid tests came back in normal-low ranges, so that's good. Still waiting on the calcium/protein results for my 24hr catch, my blood creatinine, and my CBC to come back. But AST/UA being normal makes pre-e a lot less likely, right?? 

They did so much blood work on me while I was in L&D I can't even tell you what the AST/UA is. I do know that the major thing my docs were looking for with my blood work results in reference to pre e were my platelets.  Apparently a low platelet count is also a flag for pre e.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Won't have my platelet count until my CBC comes back. Hopefully they have all the rest of that stuff up for me to see tomorrow... 
    image  image

image image

• Pre-e is what got me too. I hope you can make it a few more weeks. Just getting to 35 would be huge.

This is my siggy. Love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"