June 2013 Moms

Placenta Previa

I can't remember but I thought someone on here had it?? I just got diagnosised with it. While I am happy to have an answer about the spotting I continue to have I am a bit freaked out. 

If you have or have had Placenta Previa any advice?? Any tips on how to not stress myself out?

Re: Placenta Previa

• I do. Mine was found at 11 weeks but I didn't find out until 13 weeks when my OB went over the results of the ultrasound with me.

Mine is a complete previa and hasn't budged at all since my 11w u/s. I had spotting and a ton of cramping and eventually that spotting turned into gushes of blood. Also braxton hicks started up so I got put on bed rest to get the bleeding under control.

As far as I understand there aren't any real risks unless it's still there later in pregnancy. My OB told me that if it's still there, expect to be on bed rest again somewhere in the late 20s or 30s  and possibly on hospital bedrest depending on the situation. If I do experience the type of bleeding that would need hospital BR, I would possibly be looking at a late pre term delivery (32-37 weeks).

However, if I experience no complications, I'll simply be scheduled for a c-section around 38-39 weeks.

Placenta previa is pretty common and when found in the 2nd trimester, it usually migrates up away from the cervix and you have zero complications and no need for c-section.

But, I wanted to know exactly what I was in for should we hit worst case scenario and it didnt' move. So now I feel pretty prepared.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have it but they're hoping it resolves itself before the 3rd trimester, lots do. My doctor told me not to worry about it yet.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I was diagnosed at 14 wks, with very little spotting. I also had it for about a month last pregnancy. This early on, nobody seems too worried, so I'm not either. I'm assuming it will self resolve.
  • This is common. I think a lot of us mamas have it so far... Most likely it will clear up on its on for most of us.  I'm not to worried about it right now. 

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was told I have a low lying placenta, but the dr wasn't ready to call it Previn quite yet. Like PP, I was told that the majority of them move up on their own and to just wait and see. I go back at 24w for another u/s to see if its moved up or not. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.
  • I have it too. I was diagnosed at 10 weeks and they said they would see if it moved by my anatomy scan. My anatomy scan is i 3 weeks, so I'm hoping it moves by then. The post about hospital bedrest and premature labor scared me!

• I had it when pregnant with DS. It was diagnosed around 16 weeks after some spotting but had moved up completely by 22 weeks. Try not to get too worried yet as it is very common in early pregnancy and usually moves up before delivery.
  • My doctor hasn't diagnosed it exactly as placenta previa yet, but I do have a low-lying placenta and have to refrain from having sex until further notice because of it. I have not had any bleeding from it, so I think that's a good sign. My next u/s is my a/s on the 24th, and they will check to see if it has moved up at all at that point. My doctor doesn't seem too concerned about it at this point because it is possible that it could move up. They will be keeping an eye on it until that point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"