Breastfeeding
Options

Probably TMI, but...

Is there something about breastfeeding that makes you smell bad?  I feel like my deodorant hasn't worked since LO was born (even though I haven't had any extra sweating).  I usually shower around 5 or 6pm and feel like I'm already smelly by bedtime (and I've usually put on deodorant twice by then).  Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Re: Probably TMI, but...

• Options
    Are you taking any kind of supplements to increase supply?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesnicksnack:
    Are you taking any kind of supplements to increase supply?

Nope, all I take are the vitamins I was taking during pregnancy (flinstones chewables and a DHA supplement). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has someone else told you you smell bad? If not, ask dh, and tell him to be truthful. If he says you don't stink, it might just be your over active nose. Mine worked like crazy while pg and bfing.
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs JillB:
    Has someone else told you you smell bad? If not, ask dh, and tell him to be truthful. If he says you don't stink, it might just be your over active nose. Mine worked like crazy while pg and bfing.

Hmmm that's an interesting thought... But no, no one has said anything and DH still snuggles right up to me every night.  Maybe my nose is exaggerating it. 

• Options
    I think I remember someone else asking this a few months back. I think the general consensus was that it might be from all the extra hormones post partum and while BFing. But I agree with PP. Ask YH, it may be only you noticing it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I bet your the only one that notices it. I have the same problem. I just bought a clinical strength deodorant and that seemed to do the job.  Now, I rarely notice it myself either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely think it's the hormones working themselves out and it's natures way of giving baby even more connection with you, they can smell you stronger! I felt this way during the first 2 months, I felt like I had awful BO!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options
    i know i can smell myself a lot more than others can. the main thing i noticed, smell wise, is when i smell like milk! i can tell when DD has leaked a little from BFing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"