Trying to Get Pregnant

For those that usually see a temp dip...

Just trying to figure out my first bbt chart...  And noticed a slight temp dip yesterday morning, which I have now read can mean O is imminent.  

This morning my temp spiked which I will obviously have to wait 2-3 more days to confirm O, but now thinking that this slight dip meant my O was approaching.

My question is - for those of you who normally see a temp dip, is this pre-O, or does it mean you are currently ovulating?  I know the temp rise means O has occurred, but not sure I completely understand the dip yet.

TIA! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: For those that usually see a temp dip...

• This is my 10th cycle charting, and it's also the only cycle I haven't gotten my O dip the day of O. This cycle I had a dip two days before.
  • Like everything else, it's not the same for every woman. Some women have it on the day of O, some the day before O, maybe 2 days before, and others never see a dip at all.

The temps are correlated with hormone fluctuations. When the temps drop, estrogen is rising. Estrogen peaks right before O, hence the dip.

Edited for better wording.

Edited again because I was still missing some words. Believe it or not, I haven't started drinking yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can't rely on the dip.  You can't know if it means anything until after your ovulation is already confirmed.

The only reliable thing to look for is a temp shift (with 3 temps that are higher than the previous 6).  Everything else is just guess work. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Usually for me, the dip means I ovulate that same day. It's different for everyone though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"