February 2013 Moms
Options

Weird dr appointment today...

I had my 34 week appointment today. Weight and BP looked good. He measured me and said I was measuring "pretty much" right on track, maybe a few days behind. He got really quiet when listening to the HB and listened for a long time which concerned me, but then he turned to my husband and said "Sounds good!" He said I'll have an ultrasound in two weeks to check my low placenta again, but he said they will measure the baby that this point which I didn't think was routine at their office. I just kind of got the impression that he was holding something back, but when I asked if eveything was alright, he said it all looked good. They'd have to tell me if they suspected something was wrong, (therefore needing to measure her again at another ultrasound) right?

Re: Weird dr appointment today...

• Options

FWIW, my doctor always gets quiet when listening to the heartbeat. It sometimes takes a while for him to get the doppler where he wants it because she's moving around in there. I know he's counting and listening carefully, so I don't think much of it. If he said everything is fine, I'm sure it is.

I don't know about the ultrasound. I haven't had one since 20 weeks. Maybe he's just saying that they will also measure the baby then just to see how things are going?

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Thanks, my husband thinks I just being paranoid. And I probably am. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRiverSong82:

FWIW, my doctor always gets quiet when listening to the heartbeat. It sometimes takes a while for him to get the doppler where he wants it because she's moving around in there. I know he's counting and listening carefully, so I don't think much of it. If he said everything is fine, I'm sure it is.

Same here...and it always makes me nervous!!!!  

• Options
    I wouldn't be paranoid at all.  Physicians want to protect themselves, so if he thought anything was wrong, you would have been sent for tests. 
  • Options
    I always feel the same way when they are listening to the heartbeat, and sometimes it does take them a while.  I wouldn't worry.  Also, I am having an ultrasound this week (I'll be 35 weeks on the nose) to see where/how the baby is positioned, and I have had no complications or risks, so I wouldn't worry about that either.  I'm sure it is all routine.  He definitely would have told you if he suspected something or wanted more information/tests on anything.

• Options
    My OB always gets quiet and takes awhile listening to the heartbeat. LO moves a lot and has a penchant for kicking the Doppler, so it's usually not an easy process. ;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"