March 2013 Moms

Suggestions on Baby Monitors for a FTM

Need some help ladies for this FTM! I can't figure out what monitor to register for/or get myself for our new LO. Everything has good and bad reviews on both extremes and it's making it hard to figure out which ones are actually good. With the size of our house we will need one with two parent units, but DH and I really don't want any of the video monitors. Can anyone offer any good suggestions and where I can find them?

TIA

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

Re: Suggestions on Baby Monitors for a FTM

• I'm having the same issue....on babiesrus all have really good or really bad reviews. I don't want the video one. I chose the motorala digital one with an LCD display. Had some good reviews, and I like the tempurature feature

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• We used the Sony Baby Call with DD and it was great. We decided to go with it because of the range. I haven't had any issues with it all. It has about a 200 - 250 foot radius for it before its starts getting crackly.It has 2 parent monitors which is great.

With baby #2 DH waqnts to invest in a video monitor. He works outside in the yard when the baby naps and he said he would like to be able to not just hear but be able to see the baby if he is driving the tractor or using loud equipment. Don't know if we will be spending they money for one or not, but in the meantime we will definitely be using the Baby Call again.

Look out baby #3 is on his/her way!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We loved our Summer Infant video monitor. While video wasn't mandatory, it came in very handy to get an idea of what stage of upset the baby is in. We learned if he was crying, but not sitting up, he would most likely put himself back to sleep. Also helped get an idea later on if he had kicked all the blankets off, so we could cover him back up before we went to bed. In our old house, with the creaky doors and floors, we didn't want to go into the nursery unless we had to. The video portion was great for that purpose.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We're getting an iBaby monitor, friends of ours have one and like it; a mutual friend of ours works at apple and can get it for a good price.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Recommended Audio baby monitors by consumer reports:

Philips Avent DECT SCD510 $120 --- 88/100

Graco Imonitor Vibe Single Parent Unit $60 ---75/100

Graco Imonitor Vibe Double Parent Unit Similar to tested model: Graco Imonitor Vibe Single Parent Unit ---75/100

• imageJuelsr:
    We loved our Summer Infant video monitor. While video wasn't mandatory, it came in very handy to get an idea of what stage of upset the baby is in. We learned if he was crying, but not sitting up, he would most likely put himself back to sleep. Also helped get an idea later on if he had kicked all the blankets off, so we could cover him back up before we went to bed. In our old house, with the creaky doors and floors, we didn't want to go into the nursery unless we had to. The video portion was great for that purpose.

Do you know which Summer Infant video monitor you have?

imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • Motorola all the way!
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJuelsr:
    We loved our Summer Infant video monitor. While video wasn't mandatory, it came in very handy to get an idea of what stage of upset the baby is in. We learned if he was crying, but not sitting up, he would most likely put himself back to sleep. Also helped get an idea later on if he had kicked all the blankets off, so we could cover him back up before we went to bed. In our old house, with the creaky doors and floors, we didn't want to go into the nursery unless we had to. The video portion was great for that purpose.

This.  I feel like had I not had a video monitor, I may have gone into DS's room unnecessarily and gotten him more upset or woken him up even more.  We also have a Summer Infant one and you are able to scan the room with it.  I love it.

• We have the angelcare moniter for DS and we hate it.  Battery life is terrible, reception is terrible....  Wouldn't recommend it at all.  We also had a Graco that we liked, around $60 w/2 parent moniters, but gave that to my parents since they watch DS every day for us.  We ended up buying a cheap video moniter from Target that we LOVE!  Often DS will cry at night, but if he's laying down he'll fall back asleep on his own in less than a minute, so this allows us to see if he's down or standing (if standing he cannot get himself back down yet, so then we go in).  Only purchased this moniter since we hate the Angelcare & decided since we're having another that it's worth it.  Got it on sale and used a coupon so paid around $105 for it.  Think its a VTech, cheap, but we've had it for like 4 months now and no issues, battery & reception are great!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageBlang262:

Recommended Audio baby monitors by consumer reports:

After doing some research, we registered for this one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• imageJAH12:

We used the Sony Baby Call with DD and it was great. We decided to go with it because of the range. I haven't had any issues with it all. It has about a 200 - 250 foot radius for it before its starts getting crackly.It has 2 parent monitors which is great.

We have a Sony Baby Call also and it has worked great for both kids. We leave the monitor in between their two bedrooms so we can hear both of them with only having 1 monitor :-) All my other mommy friends use the same monitor and I've never heard any complaints. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMmm79:
    imageBlang262:

Recommended Audio baby monitors by consumer reports:

After doing some research, we registered for this one. 

We registered for this one too.  On Amazon.  I noticed that the price fluctuates between $100 and $125.... if you end up buying for yourself, this is good to know. We live in an apartment, so the DECT feature is great. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJAH12:

We used the Sony Baby Call with DD and it was great. We decided to go with it because of the range. I haven't had any issues with it all. It has about a 200 - 250 foot radius for it before its starts getting crackly.It has 2 parent monitors which is great.

With baby #2 DH waqnts to invest in a video monitor. He works outside in the yard when the baby naps and he said he would like to be able to not just hear but be able to see the baby if he is driving the tractor or using loud equipment. Don't know if we will be spending they money for one or not, but in the meantime we will definitely be using the Baby Call again.

This is what we have too...we love it! We've had no issues with it what so ever. 

I bought a $5 video monitor at a garage sale this summer just for kicks. I don't even know the brand. Hopefully it works!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"