Breastfeeding
Options

Poop question

My LO hasn't pooped in 3 days. How long do your LO's go w/o a BM? When do I call the pedi?  

Re: Poop question

• Options

imageSarelnad:
    My LO hasn't pooped in 3 days. How long do your LO's go w/o a BM? When do I call the pedi?  

My pedi told me, and I've also read, that they can get to a point where they're only pooping once a week. I'm not sure if that's rare or the norm, but I would imagine that means three days is totally fine. But, to ease your mind, you may want to just call, anyway.  

• Options
    My DD has pooped only once a week since about 8 weeks. As long as you're still getting plenty of pee diapers, and LO isn't in pain you should be okay. But, when in doubt, call the pedi :

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me-29 PCOS, pituitary adenoma, high prolactin.
    DH-33 low count.
    Not currently TTC.
    DD born August 2012 via IVF. HoH, aided, ASL/spoken English.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi said a week was totally normal. More than that would probably make me nervous.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    there were 2-3 different times where DD went 10 days without a poop. now that she is older, and on some purees she poops at least once a day. she seemed to grow out of it around 5 months old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There were a few times when DD wasn't eating any food yet that she would go 10 days or so. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"