Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Last night was a nightmare! HELP!

Is he traumatized??? Will it go back to normal?? Hubby and I had a wedding so left our 15 month old with a babysitter (someone he knows!) . As predicted, he refused to go to sleep with her and finally fell asleep at 9pm (bedtime is usually 6:30). When I got home at 11:30, he cried for half hour every time I tried to leave the room. Finally fell asleep at midnight and awoke again at 3am screaming for us. We came in, reassured him that we were not leaving but to no avail. Long story short, after desperate attempts of laying him down again about 10 times, rocking him (fell asleep only to awake and cry when returned to crib), bringing him into our bed - he cried until 5:30 am when he fell asleep on my husband. To add to the drama, he's learned to throw out his giraffe lovey knowing that WE know that he won't/can't fall asleep without it. Any ideas??? Do I let him scream in mid of night? If he throws out his lovey, do I bring it back to him or force him to fall asleep without it????

Re: Last night was a nightmare! HELP!

• It sounds like he just had a bad night. I'm sure things will go back to normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    It sounds like he just had a bad night. I'm sure things will go back to normal.

I agree. My DD has that happen every now and then also. As far as throwing out the loveyI would just let him CIO for that. That's a way of acting out and I don't put up with that. DD did that twice and I was not going get it. She learned if she throws it out she's out of luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemabenner1:
    It sounds like he just had a bad night. I'm sure things will go back to normal.

Yeah this. Just do your bedtime routine as normal and see how it goes. Sorry your LO had such a tough time :(

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like a typical rough night after something that shook him up a bit. If my daughter did that I would just get up with her when she needed me and deal with it and if it became a pattern I would look for options to try to curb the behavior. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Tx for your support n advice. Unfortunately it wasn't just last night ! He cried for one hour this morning until he finally fell asleep (without giraffey!) and cried for 40 minutes tonight. Hopeful!?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"