TTC After a Loss

Happy Flucking New Years to me.. (babies mentioned, not mine)

This could get a little long and I apologize in advance - this is a post and run. I'll be back later.

I went this morning for my follow up ultrasound to make sure everything passed naturally from my miscarriage. Get there, ultrasound goes well, talk to my Dr and get my orders for my rhogam shot.

I head to the hospital which is a freakin joke today since it's New Year's Eve. I wait at registration for at least 20 minutes, get the run around about having to schedule an appointment for my rhogam shot (which I've never had to do) and finally get sent back to the lab. The lady draws my blood and informs me that it'll be about an hour before it's ready, so I can leave and do whatever while I wait. So, I ran to the store and came back about 15 minutes before it was supposed to be ready. A nurse found me and said that they had been trying to find me (but no one called me.. Confused) and needed some information. She looks at my lab slip and says "It says here you had a complete abortion. Where did you go to get it done?". I just kind of blank stare her for a minute and inform her that I had a miscarriage and not an abortion. She looks back at my chart, smirks and say "My mistake. Well, how far along were you? If you were over 16 weeks, we'll need more blood and you'll have to wait for about another hour." I inform her that I was about 10 weeks along so thankfully they didn't need to get more blood from me. She came back about 10 minute later to let me know the shot was done. I got my stuff together and started to follow her down to the lab where I've gone before for them. Well, on the way she informs me that the lab that normally does the shots is closed for the holiday so we have to go to the 3rd floor. The maternity ward. Ugh. So, up we go and by the time we get there I'm in tears. She gets a nurse who promptly takes me to a secluded waiting room, but the damage was done. I saw the nursery with about 10 newborn babies and in the   minutes I'm waiting for my shot, I heard the little song that plays when a baby is born twice. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. They manage to maneuver me around the pregnant women and newborns the rest of the time I'm there, but at this point it doesn't matter. I managed to keep it together until I was in my car but I must have sat there and cried for a good 15 minutes before I could even drive. There should be a law against sending a women who's had a recent miscarriage to the maternity ward - for any reason. She could have taken me anywhere else in the hospital, even the freaking bathroom, and I would have been happier than having to go to that maternity floor. At least I get to drown my sorrows in wine tonight.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!

Re: Happy Flucking New Years to me.. (babies mentioned, not mine)

• So sorry you had to go through that.  

I've gotten the run around at our hospital too and I feel that the process is just too disorganized and not sensitive enough to what the patient is going through.

You definitely shouldn't have been taken to the maternity ward for your shot.  I don't see why they couldn't have come to you... would have been way more sensitive to your mental health.

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Big, big hugs to you. It sounds like a total lack in sensitivity to you and your feelings. I'm so sorry that you had to endure that pain. Wishing you a much better 2013.
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Wow that's a rough day. Big, big ((hugs))

• I am so sorry for your experience it must have been terrible.  I had a really crappy experience when I went in for my D&C at the hospital too. It was so terrible I ended up calling the hospital and leaving a complaint report.  The person who took the report was really kind and helpful.  She actually seemed like she would be giving feedback to the people/situations I complained about (who know's if she really did or not but just the fact that she make me feel like my feedback mattered made a big difference).  I hope you get some good wine drinking in tonight!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you had to do that. Big hugs!

• omg! *HUGE HUGS* I would have loss it crying too. so sorry you went through that :( hope your night goes better
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Oh, I am so sorry. I wanted to cry for you just reading this, I can't imagine how it must have felt. Enjoy your wine tonight, you've definitely earned it! ((((HUGS))))
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • That was just cruel of them to have you go there.  So cruel.  It's hard enough to look at a pg belly after a recent m/c, going to the maternity ward...clearly whomever had that bright idea hasn't had a loss.  I hope you speak to your doctor or write to the hospital and let them know how hurtful and inappropriate that is for ladies in your shoes.  Maybe that will prevent someone else from having the experience you just had.  So sorry hun.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Oh hun, I am SO sorry that you had to go through that! That is just awful! BIG HUGE HUGS to you!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
    TTC #2 Since October 2011
    RE testing results: DH- normal ME- DX:PCOS and One copy of MTHFR gene
    IUI#1 Sept/Oct 2012-Follistim, Ovidrel, Metformin, Baby Asprin, Lovenox, Crinone, and Neevo Beta 10/24=BFN
    No 2nd IUI but instead TI with Metformin, Baby Asprin, Neevo and Prometrium
    BFP #4 5/4/13-EDD 1/19/14- grow little one, grow!
    Beta #1@15DPO HCG-95, progesterone-25 Beta #4@24DPO HCG-2498, progesterone-30, 1st U/S 6mm,133BPM 2nd U/S 1.6cm, 167 BPM
    Chart
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~*~*~*~Everyone Welcome~*~*~*~
  • That is all so messed up!  What a nightmare.  I'm sorry the staff was so insensitive.  I agree that you should either call or write a letter to inform them how hurtful these protocols were.  You might be able to save somebody else in your shoes the heartache and frustration.   (((HUGS)))
    PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Thanks ladies. I know I went MIA last night.  I will definitely call and speak to someone about it. I know they have protocols and such that they have to follow, but they really could have tried to be a little more sensitive to the situation.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"