Stay at Home Moms

OMG. My mom is talking.

I don't even know what to say, the doctors are pretty amazed as well.  They did the second MRI and EEG on Saturday, both came back normal. She was still unresponsive that day and yesterday.  Even though she wasn't talking or looking at us, when the nurses asked her to squeeze their hands or whatever, she did so. She literally just was not talking. She's been on a smoothie diet, they have been worried she'll choke and she's been eating the smoothies fine with help. I went there this morning and as I was walking toward her room, I could hear her talking.  Her nurse said she just started this morning. She's still incredibly confused, asking why she's at the hospital, she doesn't remember falling, doesn't remember seeing me, my brother or her friends over the past days.  But when the nurse asked her who I was, she said my name and that I was her daughter.  I stayed with her for about 2 hours this morning, she had a lot of questions.  I feel awful for her, she's now able to say that her hip and leg hurt and she's in a lot of pain and just so confused. Now that she is responding, they have her on pain meds and are hoping to help her stand up later today, they say it's not good for her to be in bed for long. I'm so relieved but concerned because we don't know what caused her to act that way and I'm worried it could happen again. Her hip is healing well so she's going to start in-patient rehab tomorrow or the next day. After a few days of that, she will go to a nursing home for rehab until she's able to get around better.  I'm not sure what will happen after that.

Thank you all for the kind words and support.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: OMG. My mom is talking.

• YAY! I'm so glad to hear this! I bet you are so relieved. Your poor mom, I can't imagine how confused she is, but I'm glad she's on the mend and hopefully they'll figure out what happened to cause that confusion. Thank you for updating, I was wondering about you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome news!!!  Let's hope that it was just a reaction to the pain meds and anesthesia she was given!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is good to hear.  I'm sure that was so scary!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"