2nd Trimester

Question for those registering at BBB or BRU

I wasn't planning on registering, but since it has been a decade since our last child (and because this child is a different gender), I caved and agreed to let friends throw a shower. The actual shower won't happen for a couple of months, but I figured I'd start doing research on a registry.

We will definitely register on Amazon, but are thinking of also adding a brick & mortar store like BBB or BRU or Target. For those of you who are registered at one of those places, did you register online or did you do your registry in person in store? Is there an advantage to one over the other? At this point, my inclination is to just handle everything online.

Thanks in advance for feedback. 

Re: Question for those registering at BBB or BRU

• I started it online but plan to go in to add more gender specific items now that we know what were having.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I started them online then went to the store to finish them. While I was finishing in store I took note of what our local store actually had compared to what was only available online or in select stores. I made some changes based on what was not in stores (except on the items I was dead set on). I wanted to make sure there was plenty available to purchase in the store itself. I'm glad I started online because I was able to do additional research as I went along. I am happy I also went to the store though because there were small things that weren't available that I changed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We're registering at both, and myregistry.com...I started the BBB registry online because the store is about 45 minutes from my house and I haven't had a chance to get there yet...but I started the BRU one in store. Personally, I've preferred doing it in store because you can actually see and feel the quality of the products, especially with the big gear, like the strollers, car seats, highchairs, cribs, etc. I've definitely added a lot of the smaller things and toys online though. In store, you get a "goody bag" at both places full of catalogs, magazines, free samples and coupons so I'd stop in just to get those (you can start your registry online and then stop in to get the bag). I also thought the girl working the registry at BRU was very helpful and she gave some good advice about the products...but that of course can be very different depending on who is working at any given time.

--Danielle Sheree BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I started one online but found it much easier to walk around and look at things. My friends do a little "sprinkle" when we have our 2nd ones but the nice thing is BBB & BRU send you 20% your entire registry after your due date so even if no one buys what you need, at least it's a nice way to get a good discount!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • we started it online - to make sure all information was correct. Then we did some basic research online but ultimately walking around the store was way less stressful!
    BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • I registered at Target and BRU. Target sent me a coupon for a $20 gift card and BRU gave us a $10 gift card. Not to mention you get the dicount at the end for anything you still need on your registry. Target's site is very helpful in that it tells you when something is online only. If you go into the store you'll see that the options aren't very plentiful. My sister in law is also pregnant and is registering with Amazon as well as these two. The folks in my family's circle doesn't seem to ever use a registry so I didn't go to crazy, about 50 items on each in all sorts of price ranges.

I didn't find much benefit to either's gift bag, lots of formula and coupons for more formula, but if you're going to use formula they always have sponsored gift bags when you sign up in the store or the first time you go into the store with your registry info.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I missed that you found out the baby's sex! Congratulations!

I think we're going to register on Amazon and at Target. I plan to start at the store, and then finish up online. I'm a little leery though, because I'll be having a shower back home in Mississippi, and there's no Targets (or BRU) anywhere close by, so I may be having to do a registry at Walmart as well. I'm just hoping most people there know how to online shop now! Ha.

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • imageKacyChicago:

I think I missed that you found out the baby's sex! Congratulations!

I think we're going to register on Amazon and at Target. I plan to start at the store, and then finish up online. I'm a little leery though, because I'll be having a shower back home in Mississippi, and there's no Targets (or BRU) anywhere close by, so I may be having to do a registry at Walmart as well. I'm just hoping most people there know how to online shop now! Ha.

Thank you!  We knew fairly early because of the CVS test results.  I attempted to change my ticker to pink, but The Bump isn't cooperating.

I hear you about the online registries. We have a bunch of out-of-town relatives who would like to buy stuff, let's hope they know how to work the online registry. Amazon does make it pretty easy, but then again, some of my relatives aren't all that computer savvy. 

• I registered at both, and we went into the store to do so.  I liked being able to see, touch the product, and ask questions of the people at the store (especially the people in the high chair/stroller/furniture areas) so I could get their opinions on the different brands and what not.

I like how the registry is online, and how you can order online from the registry for those who can't get to the store (we had people order online and have it shipped directly to us for our bridal shower which was nice)

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• I registered at all 3 - BBB, BRU and Target - mainly for the sake of convenience for friends and family who will be shopping. I did all of them in-store, but add/deleted items online afterwards. I found that BBB is more expensive on a lot of items, BUT they told me that they can print out my registries from BRU and Target for people when they come in AND they will price match everything. 
  • I did mine online since there's typically more of a selection online than in the stores. A brick and mortar store is good since some people don't like to shop online(I think they are weird, lol). Hell, you need a new car seat at least, embrace the shower. 
  • 1) DO NOT register at Target. They have a VERY limited selection and they have a horrible return policy. They will only let you do a VERY limited number of returns without a gift receipt, but people never give gift receipts when they're buying off a registry because they know you want the item or assume you don't need one. Seriously, don't do it.

2) I would register in the store. I understand the appeal of doing it online... I did our entire wedding registry all online! However, with the baby stuff, especially big stuff lke strollers and carseats, I think it's important to see it in person and even test some things out. Also, you want to make sure that the items you are registering for are actually carried in the store and not just sold online. The whole point of including an actual store is that people can swing by the store last minute to pick up gifts, and they won't be able to do that if 80% of your registry is stocked with online-only items. Those stores have a much bigger selection online than what they actually have in the store. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I started mine online, but finished in store. Register for everything you think you might need. Most places will give you a discount at the end on everything on your registry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"