August 2013 Moms

at home doppler?

Hey all, I'm 6 weeks 6 days ans I've heard you can usually hear the heartbeat with a Doppler at 9 weeks. I was thinking about renting a Doppler at storkradio.com in a couple of weeks so I could hear the baby from time to time.DH rolled his eyes when I mentioned it, but since its only 20 dollars a month I figured it can't do any harm. Has anyone else thought about doing this?
BFP December 5th + MMC 1/18/2013

Re: at home doppler?

• I've rented them previously, but this time I just bought one. You can usually find the HB between 8-9 weeks.

A lot of us have gotten the Sonline B, they can usually be had for around $55 and they work well. 

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• I bought the Sonoline B, but I couldn't hear the HB until after 12 weeks.  8-9 weeks is little early for many people.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • I have a sonoline b, but didn't get it until I was 12 weeks with DD.You may not be able to find the hb so soon, I've seen many posts by ladies freaking out b/c they couldn't find a hb before 12 weeks. It takes some practice to get it right. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You do have to go into it knowing you may have to wait a bit, try again...wait a bit, try again. I found a video today that was VERY helpful in figuring out how to find the HB, I was able to find it a few minutes after watching this when earlier in the morning I'd been searching for nearly an hour on my own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEO7UXfyx_U

This is my 3rd baby that I am able to find the HB between 8-9 weeks with, and I am not a thin person.

I wouldn't do it if there is any chance you'll freak out about not finding it. Takes a lot of patience. 

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• We bought the Sonoline B on eBay last pregnancy. I think there is even a newer version out now. We were able to find the heartbeat at 7 weeks this time, but it wasn't easy. It definitely takes practice and knowing what your doing to find it early on. I really enjoy having it and it wasn't that expensive either. I remember on my last BMB a lot of girls got angel care ones and others you can get at BRU and were not happy with them until much later in the pregnancy. If you want earlier readings you have to go with a medical grade one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"