February 2013 Moms

Pelvic Pain

Is anyone else out there walking like an 80 year old woman or is it just me? I have 33 days to go and the pain and pressure in my pelvis is so intense that it is hard to stand or walk. It gets to the point where if I am standing or walking for more than 10 minutes I literally shuffle along like an 80 year old woman which makes it impossible to do anything like grocery shopping without wanting to die. Am I the only one who is experiencing this??

Re: Pelvic Pain

• I'm 34 weeks today and I'm the same way, the baby is making its way down so you feel more pressure. I find it helpful to take a warm bath and elevate my legs. Also make sure your drinking plenty of water it could be your a little dehydrated
  • All my pain is in my lower hips and pelvic bone. I know he is moving down but good lord it seems like i should be able to walk a little better
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO has been very low this whole pregnancy so I've felt a lot of hip and pelvic discomfort. I go to a physical therapist once a week per my doctors request, and he has done wonders for me. Like PP going to the chiropractor didn't do much to help, and I was still miserable after each appointment. I suggest asking your DR for a reccomendation for a physical therapist.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same here....I had to leave work flight paramedic earlier than anticipated because of it. I have been under chiropractic care since before the pregnancy and really not had much improvement. This week, my OB said that I'm stuck with it til this is over. It may even linger for a bit in her words. Yikes! I'm having a hard time sleeping and getting even remotely comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like that now and my last pregnancy. Sometimes, it is just the way they lay. Getting on all fours feels so good and stretches it out a little temporarily. I have to keep telling my self it's worth it and is almost over.

• It is also safe to use a heating pad for a few minutes on your back.
  • oh my yes pain in hips. i have noticed though if i am plenty hydrated it is much less but then i have to pee all the time...  i find i need to move and rest equally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"