April 2013 Moms
Options

Speaking of showers

What are you planning on wearing? I know it's a little ways away but i'm looking for ideas. All of the maternity dresses i'm finding aren't that cute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Speaking of showers

• Options
    I wore a navy wrap dress to one of mine with DS and it was generally comfortable, but I wripped the maternity pantyhose off within the first hour.  They were evil.  I wore jeans and striped top to my second. Good luck :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I found a really cute maternity dress at target this weekend. I am going to save that for my shower. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got this dress. I'm going to wear it with black tights and heels. I guess the only downfall with having a shower in winter is that finding a dress is a little harder it seems. I would totally just be in a sun dress if it were spring/summer. I really love the dress on ASOS. I will say I ordered it a size bigger (US sizing) than I was wearing pre-pregnancy, and it is a little loose, but nothing that looks funny. I just preferred to be safe than sorry.

https://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity-Wrap-Dress-In-Floral/z5xj3/?iid=2615641&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=4&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Print&mporgp=L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5LVdyYXAtRHJlc3MtSW4tRmxvcmFsL1Byb2Qv

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Ingrid & Isabel has a 40% off sale on most of their dresses till tomorrow - they have some really cute stuff too. I bought a dress I plan to wear to my shower. I also have a non-maternity wrap dress that still fits as a back up just in case. Hopefully it still fits in 6 weeks lol.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options

I have a cute solid black maternity dress that has been sort of my staple for everything.  I will wear that with cute flats, maybe leggings, and a shrug to my "family" shower.

To my girlfriend shower (just the 5 of us girls from college) probably yoga pants and running shoes, because I told them I just wanted to lay around and eat guacamole and unwind for a night :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I guess for me it will depend on where the shower is being held.  My mom and sister are throwing me one at a restaurant (not sure which one yet) and I'm guessing I'll be wearing this black long-sleeved tunic or a oatmeal colored cowl neck sweater tunic with a pair of leggings to that.  One SIL mentioned a shower, but nothing about when or wear, so I'm assuming they'll have something.  If it follows suit with the bridal shower, they will incorporate it into a family reunion and it will be coed.  That was held in a community center.  If that's the case, probably just jeans and a comfy top.  But we'll have to wait and see.
    Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

I hear ya, it can really be a challenge to infuse maternity clothes w/some personality. I found this on ASOS- I'll wear it w/this long sleeved black ballerina(tie front) sweater I have, some tights and black platform pumps:

https://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity-Spot-Midi-Dress/z6eyp/?iid=2596995&cid=8343&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Oxblood/black&mporgp=L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5LVNwb3QtTWlkaS1EcmVzcy9Qcm9kLw

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:

I wore this dress to my girlfriend shower.  I'm short so the dress it me below the knee and it was navy and black instead of red and black.  I paired it with a thin black cardigan that falls mid-thigh, black platform heels, black jewelry and a black hat.

For my couples shower I had on jeans and a fancy sweater.  

I can't remember what I wore for my family shower.  

Mirrored that's a hot dress!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I bought a non maternity dress from Dillards it's pretty stretchy and not frumpy like most of the maternity dresses i've seen.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    I have to be able to put my feet up, so I'm wearing a burgundy/sparkly sweater tunic, leggings, and Toms.  There is no way to put my feet up gracefully in a dress, LOL.
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagetondraluv:
    What are you planning on wearing? I know it's a little ways away but i'm looking for ideas. All of the maternity dresses i'm finding aren't that cute.

I'm having this same issue..... I think (since my shower is Feb 2nd) that it will probably still be cold out... so I'm leaning more towards a cute pair of jeans/boots, and a pretty bright a colorful tunic... Pea in a Pod has a couple that are pretty cute and colorful. I'm not that GIRLY of a girl.. so I'll try to put on some make up and have my hair actually done....

That way, I'm also not spending absorbent amounts of $$ on a maternity dress that I don't really like...

Also - I'll be wearing the same outfit for pictures probably.... save $ in that arena too 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"