May 2013 Moms

At urgent care for a cold?

I called my dr this morning to see what is on my safe list. She won't let me take anything until I get checked out by a dr. she wants my ears and chest checked out before I take any cold med. This seems a bit much but I'm thankful they are taking precautions bc of baby.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: At urgent care for a cold?

• I had a pretty bad cold last week and ended up in urgent care also. Long story short, they gave me an antibiotic but were super shady about it and answering my questions. So I called my OBGYN to ask the nurse if it was ok, and she said it was but next time call them instead of going to urgent care because they could have just called something in for me and saved me the copay. D'oh!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecorkietn:
    I had a pretty bad cold last week and ended up in urgent care also. Long story short, they gave me an antibiotic but were super shady about it and answering my questions. So I called my OBGYN to ask the nurse if it was ok, and she said it was but next time call them instead of going to urgent care because they could have just called something in for me and saved me the copay. D'oh!

See I was hoping they would do that or recommend a cold med thats ok to take but they want to make sure its not respiratory as well so stuck waiting for over an hour at the urgent care
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemdcs09:
    imagecorkietn:
    I had a pretty bad cold last week and ended up in urgent care also. Long story short, they gave me an antibiotic but were super shady about it and answering my questions. So I called my OBGYN to ask the nurse if it was ok, and she said it was but next time call them instead of going to urgent care because they could have just called something in for me and saved me the copay. D'oh!
    See I was hoping they would do that or recommend a cold med thats ok to take but they want to make sure its not respiratory as well so stuck waiting for over an hour at the urgent care

Bummer :( Those places, at least where I live, are always so miserable.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to urgent care ad they gave me all kind of okay for baby drugs.

My Dr gave me a list of all over the counter meds on our first visit.  She is very free about meds when pregnant which makes me wonder how she she will be during delivery.....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah they suck. I got there when there was an hour wait by the time I left there was a three hour wait.

so I have a sinus infection with possible strep throat. They didn't feel the need to test for strep since the antibiotic would work for both.
  • I hope you feel better but I would literally have to be on my death bed to go to an urgent care center.  I actually have never been to a doctor for an illness and would not take any meds while preg regardless.  So waste of time for me.

I had a cold right before Christmas and just increased my vit intake, luckily it passed in about 3 days. 

• imageADIO1234:
    I hope you feel better but I would literally have to be on my death bed to go to an urgent care center. nbsp;I actually have never been to a doctor for an illness and would not take any meds while preg regardless. nbsp;So waste of time for me.I had a cold right before Christmas and just increased my vit intake, luckily it passed in about 3 days.nbsp;nbsp;

I wish I could do this but I have a very long history of sinus infections, ear infections, strep throat, and bronchitis. So when I get sick I have no choice but to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"