June 2013 Moms

3D anatomy scan

Hubby and I don't have our anatomy scan until Jan 28th but we're now thinking of a 3D elective ultrasound next weekend at 17wks to find out sex of our baby. Has anyone done this? Wondering how accurate it would be.

Re: 3D anatomy scan

• I'm doing my 17 week elective U/S this Friday to determine the sex!  I was told by the technician that they can find out as early as 15-16 weeks.  I just hope our baby isn't shy!  Our anatomy scan isn't until the 23rd... and we couldn't wait as well!  I found a great deal on Groupon for the 3d package and I couldn't resist :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are getting an elective ultrasound at 17 weeks to find out the sex. With both of my other kids my doctor did my AS at 18 weeks and were right on the sex.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We did a 2D elective u/s at 18 weeks and were told the sex of our baby (we had to go back a second time because the cord was between the legs the entire first appointment). I have heard anytime between 16-20 weeks it is pretty accurate.
  • We had a scan done to determine the sex of our baby at just shy of 17 weeks. After some coaxing on our part it was pretty easy to see that baby was a girl.

Hopefully your LO isn't shy and you're able to find out soon!

Lilypie - (IkIG)

Daisypath - (30fE)

• Save your money for a 3d scan later in your pregnancy! The images will be much cooler. You will know the sex forever, you can wait a few extra weeks!
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We went at 15 w 6 days to an elective ultrasound place and were able to tell.  Like you I just couldn't wait until the end of Jan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our anatomy scan isn't until Jan 31st and we are not waiting either! Our elective 3d/4d sono is on Jan 12th at 16wks 2days, the place we are going to wont do a gender sono unless you are at least 16wks so that they are more accurate. My doctor was completely fine with us doing this. We also bought a 3 pack at the 3d place so we get 3 of them throughout our pregnancy so might as well do one early :)
  • We are doing an elective 2D scan on Friday (17w4d) because my OB doesn't do one until 24wks and I cannot wait that long!

I'm just doing the 2D because baby is still so skinny this early and you can't get that good of 3D shots yet.

Baby #2 Due 6/10/13! EBF, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, ERF, homemade babyfood making, "semi crunchy" momma! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"