Cloth Diapering

Seriously considering...

Hello all! I'm 7 weeks today, and since before I was preggers I was almost positive I wanted to use cloth diapers.

Most people I've discussed this with have been very discouraging, saying I'll try it and give up within 2 weeks, because that's what they did. However! Further research into it, I'm really interested in trying the brand "gDiapers". Has anyone used gDiapers before?

Is it really as hard as these people are making it sound? Or are they just Debbie Downers, trying to rain on my cloth-diapering parade? TIA!

Re: Seriously considering...

• I don't know anything about gDiapers, but I have been CDing for 4 weeks now and have ZERO regrets. I got the same comments from everyone about how we would give up after a week or two because of how hard it is. It's actually really easy... And we haven't had a single blowout or leak... And we don't have to run to the store for diapers all the time! Is there a reason you're choosing gDiapers over just standard cloth? Just curious!
  • I have no experience with gdiapers but i have been CDing since october and its going great. i too had tons of discouraging words said to me. so im careful as to whom i talk about it too tho. its NOT hard to do and its actually fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekjsmith9:
    I don't know anything about gDiapers, but I have been CDing for 4 weeks now and have ZERO regrets. I got the same comments from everyone about how we would give up after a week or two because of how hard it is. It's actually really easy... And we haven't had a single blowout or leak... And we don't have to run to the store for diapers all the time! Is there a reason you're choosing gDiapers over just standard cloth? Just curious!

My DH's cousin is the only person I know well enough who uses cloth to ask about it before we announced our pregnancy. She uses gDiapers and highly recommended them. I've looked at other brands, but I'm going to be honest, it's a little confusing!!

• They are just Debbie Downers. Cloth is great. However, I never liked my gdiapers. We bought both gdiapers and pockets, and ended up using pockets exclusively with DS. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Nicki's Diapers little breakdown of all the different types and options.

https://www.nickisdiapers.com/Imagine-Baby-Products_bymfg_89-1-1.html

They talk a lot about their own brand Imagine, which actually has decent reviews and is always sold out. 

The best thing we ever did was go to a locally owned store that sells cloth. They had pretty much every single brand. We had a one-on-one with a sales associate and then came back a month later for the class. The class was essentially what this website sums up. But definitely find a store you can go to and play with all the diaper choices.  

ETA: the local store didn't even carry gDiapers and I don't ever see that brand mentioned on these forums or any other cloth diaper sites... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you all so much! We'll have to do a little more research ;)

EDIT - sorry, I was not paying attention and had a major misspelling. haha! 

• No experience with gdiapers but I also wanted to share my thoughts on CDing. I have two giant boxes of 'sposies sitting unopened in LO's closet from my mil who obviously assumed I'd give up. It's definitely not as impossible or ridiculous as some people will say! Don't let them discourage you. If you're excited, motivated and do your research, you'll be fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"