April 2013 Moms
Options

I miss my hand jewelry

Just in the last week or so I've gotten too puffy to wear my wedding band or watch. It makes me sad to see my hands so naked... I may take my watch in to have a link put back in. I'm considering buying a cheap ring in a larger size to wear. I don't want to resize my wedding band just to have it too loose after baby. Anyone else do this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I miss my hand jewelry

• Options
    Last time I bought a fake band to wear in case my hands got too swollen. They didn't, but I've worn the fake band when we've taken my real rings in for cleaning. I would do it!

• Options

At about 10 weeks baby girl decided she hates gold so I can't wear any of my "real" jewerly (apparently it's a common pregnancy allergic).   I can wear costume jewelry and sterling silver with no issues so we bought me a fake wedding set at Macy's for $18 (it was regular $30 on sale).  I bought it just a little big too hoping that when I get puffy it will still fit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I already have a 'lake ring'. Which is basically just a cheapo sterling silver ring that I wear to the lake and camping.. basically anywhere I would be afraid to lose my wedding band. Unfortunately now it's too tight also... Arg! Damn puffiness.
  • Options
    I have big knuckles and generally don't have any swelling, so I am ok.  I have seen rings with spacers added to give your fingers room to swell. So, you could have it resized and then add the spacers later.  But, I probably wouldn't want to do that either.  I like the fake ring idea, but I wouldn't spend too much on it.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got the cheapo $10 completely fake rings at Walmart when my hands got swollen w/ dd. I painted the inside w/ clear nail polish to prevent my finger from turning green. Those rings were way fancier than my regular wedding ring! ;)
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

fake ring is my plan for when/if my rings get too tight.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am wearing a ring on my left ring finger that I normally wear on my right hand since my right hand is slightly bigger....it's working for now!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have two bands and my engagement ring that aren't connected. I had to take one band off about a week ago. If anything, I think I'll just end up in my engagement ring luckily!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

a lady i work with got a gorgeous CZ type ring at JCPenny for like $25. I thought it was real. She purchased it bc she had hand surgery and was dealing with residual swelling. 

my plan is go the fake ring route if my ring starts to get too tight. but luckily (knocks on wood), my ring is still fitting in its typical manner. i check every day.  

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"