Parenting
Options

I need opinions please

Be honest, but be mean.  Wink 

We are going OOT for a NYE event.  Don't be excited, it's a work event for DH to network.  Woo (sarcasm).  Anyway, we will get there today at like 3ish.  There is a pool at the hotel, and P loves swimming.  My problem is that since I'm a million months pregnant (OK, not really, but nearly 33 measuring 4 weeks ahead!!!) so my suits aren't the best fitting.  I don't know if I should just go & let my bellah hang out a bit or be nice to the other people there & skip it.  lol.  

FWIW, no other work peeps will be at our hotel, just strangers.  Buying a new suit is NOT an option because I don't want to.  

So, WWYD?

Re: I need opinions please

• Options
    Just strangers, I wouldn't care what I look like then.  Go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Let your belly hang out there.  Other people can deal. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wear a tank top over it if it makes you more comfortable. Have fun swimming with your kid!
  • Options
    I would go, as long as you are comfortable I would not worry about the pool strangers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Go swim!  It'll feel awesome on your bellah :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageIncognitoSuperhero:
    Wear a tank top over it if it makes you more comfortable. Have fun swimming with your kid!
    You know, I would do this!  Alas, my long tank tops aren't long enough either.  Whoa.  lawl
  • Options
    Go swim with your child. So what if your belly shows? You're pregnant, be proud of it! Strangers can deal with it or leave the pool if they don't like it..

• Options
    I would go swimming and let the belly hang out.  I bet there will not be a ton of people at the pool anyway.
  • Options
    imageLoisLane23:
    Rock the bellah.

This. Enjoy the pool!

image image
  • Options

imagecmeon_the_water:
    No old crusty guy has ever thought twice about baring his hairy beer belly. Enjoy- it will probably feel great to get in the water at this point. :)

This is excellent logic. If hairy beer belly and manboobs are socially acceptable (sort of), then so is a baby belly. It's not like you're parading around town in your bikini (which I would side eye, pregnant or not).  Your kid wants to go swimming, you're almost done being pregnant, it would be silly to go spend money on a new suit for one day.

I would probably wear a tank top over it, but only because I'm self conscious to begin with. It'd be more for me than the sake of total strangers.  

• Options
    Do it, do it, do it!

The only thing more beautiful than a confident pregnant woman is a confident pregnant woman playing with her children!

• Options
    imagemejane123:

imagecmeon_the_water:
    No old crusty guy has ever thought twice about baring his hairy beer belly. Enjoy- it will probably feel great to get in the water at this point. :)

This is excellent logic. If hairy beer belly and manboobs are socially acceptable (sort of), then so is a baby belly. It's not like you're parading around town in your bikini (which I would side eye, pregnant or not).  Your kid wants to go swimming, you're almost done being pregnant, it would be silly to go spend money on a new suit for one day.

I would probably wear a tank top over it, but only because I'm self conscious to begin with. It'd be more for me than the sake of total strangers.  

Am I reading this right? You side eye people that wear a bikini, pregnant or not?

OP--enjoy the pool with your child.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKC_13:
    imagemejane123:

imagecmeon_the_water:

Am I reading this right? You side eye people that wear a bikini, pregnant or not?

OP--enjoy the pool with your child.

I think she meant "parading around town" with no intention of going swimming or tanning or to any source of water fun...

?

• Options
    If I was in your situation, I would take DD to the pool, but I would wear one of DH's oversized t-shirts over my suit. (But to be honest, I generally do that anyway- I am irrationally modest!)

• Options
    My bff was had he wedding at Kalahari indoor water park. I was about 30 weeks with DS. I totally just let my bellyhang out. Who cares? I was not going to buy a new suit for one outing.
  • Options
    I was pretty self conscious but I just wore a bikini with shorts and one of DH's shirts over the top when I was prego with DD. 
  • Options
    Thanks guise.  I am feeling ambivalent so I just needed to know I wasn't being too lazy/insensitive to others about my, uh, high BMI.  lol
  • Options
    Swimming (floating) was the only comfort to mewhen I was enormously pregnant.  I'd get a new cheapie suit and hit the pool.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    imageSpooko:

imageEllaHella:
    Just don't turn the pool into Spooko's Dr Pepper water picture.

Legit LOL. 

Wha wha wha?  Not sure I *actually* want to know, but what is the Dr. Pepper water picture? 
  • Options
    imageJ&A2008:
    Swimming (floating) was the only comfort to mewhen I was enormously pregnant.  I'd get a new cheapie suit and hit the pool.
    NOT AN OPTION!  Dude, we leave in like an hour & a half.  Not gonna happen.
  • Options
    I would go swimming.  Who cares what a bunch of hotel strangers think?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Team let it all hang out. Men always show nasty flabby hairy bellies. A sweet pregnant bump is a nice change.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"