Pregnant after a Loss

MrsErinH- furniture...

I read your post the other day, but we were driving and I was feeling pretty ill!

We bought our couch at Macy's about 2 years ago.  As SOON as we got engaged, I started looking for couches. Mine were pretty much shot (very nice hand me downs, but about 20 years old) and DHs was horribly uncomfortable.  Our old couches are now in the basement!

I wasn't seriously looking, just trying to get prices.  We had a ton of gift cards for Macy's... and as soon as I saw the price that January, I was sold.  They have a huge sale towards the end of January.  We got the "remo" couch; it was on sale for $599 with 10% off.   It's held up well (no pets, just the two of us).   It's comfortable and still looks nice. And it was made in the USA (California).

I also looked quite a bit at the closeouts/clearance at the Macy's furniture store.  I "almost" got one of those... but I felt I would obsess about keeping a white couch white.

I have friends who have had good luck at Sears & JCPenney furniture outlets as well. The Crate & Barrel outlet often has great deals.

And you can by the same couches that Pottery Barn sells at other furniture stores.  I don't remember the name of the manufacturer,  but I remember reading they were less than what they would have been at Pottery barn.

I ended up buying accent chairs on overstock (armless slipper chairs) and they look nice & are comfortable, but probably won't last forever!

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"