April 2013 Moms

non alcoholic wines

The wine/beer craving post had me wondering...Anyone tried any of the non alcoholic wines not sparkling grape juice? A friend of mine was at a dinner party where all but 1of the women were either pregnant or nursing and she saidthey made some fun drinks with non alcoholic champagne and pomagranate juice and had several bottles of non alcoholic wine.
I was just wondering if anyone else has tried and found any beands that are better than others. I may need some to ring in the new year from my couch....if I can stay up that late.

Re: non alcoholic wines

• I tried the FRE one (red) and thought it was a waste of money.  Rather have had some grape juice and club would have tasted better,

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Welsh's makes sparkling grape juice that I've been drinking. The red is way too sweet though.. I recommend the white.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like the white FRE, it tastes a lot like a moscato.
  • I bought a non-alcoholic cab sauv and a non alcoholic champagne months ago and both were so disappointing that I had like 3 sips and tossed 'em.

I decided I'd rather just drink sparkling cider or sparkling grape juice and enjoy it for what it is, OR have a glass of real wine and enjoy in, than try to pretend something is what it isn't.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've had both the Fre red and the Ariel cab. The Ariel is much better than the Fre. Tastes like super cheap wine. Not the greatest but gives you the feeling of drinking red wine and I find it to be a nice change of pace from water, seltzer etc.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• imageCoachAP:
    I tried the FRE one red and thought it was a waste of money. nbsp;Rather have had some grape juice and club would have tasted better,

This. The FRE red was gross. The white was a little more tolerable but I'd still rather stick to something like grape juice and club soda.

• I agree with PP about the Ariel brand. It's not exactly the same as real wine, but it doesn't taste all that bad. I had the Cab last night and also tried their brut which was ok.
    Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"