February 2013 Moms

*so* uncomfortable - vent here

Just a vent for this Monday...  I am so f'ing uncomfortable I am not sure how to deal.  I have had a rather blessed pregnancy thus far - very healthy and very little to complain about.  Ever since I hit 35 weeks, however, I am about to lose it - swollen feet and ankles, terrible hip pain, sleepless/uncomfortable nights, headaches... the list goes on.  Even worse is the fact that my baby seems to be getting big and my MW told me last week to expect this baby early (which is  consistent with my conception date rather than the EDD they gave me at my first appointment) - music to my ears, but now I am so impatient!!!

Okay, vent over (and, man, did it feel good!).   What are your nearing-the-end complaints???

Re: *so* uncomfortable - vent here

• Yeah, pregnancy kind of sucks. Unfortunately, though, having a big baby really doesn't mean that he/she will come early. Sorry.

My hips hurt when I sleep and I get wicked heartburn if I'm not on an incline.

AND (TMI/GROSS!) the other night I coughed while I had heartburn and it made me, like, reflux up into my sinuses so I could smell stomach acid/vomit all night. UGH! It was so disgusting!!!!

• imageeatdrinkstretch:

Just a vent for this Monday...  I am so f'ing uncomfortable I am not sure how to deal.  I have had a rather blessed pregnancy thus far - very healthy and very little to complain about.  Ever since I hit 35 weeks, however, I am about to lose it - swollen feet and ankles, terrible hip pain, sleepless/uncomfortable nights, headaches... the list goes on.  Even worse is the fact that my baby seems to be getting big and my MW told me last week to expect this baby early - music to my ears, but now I am so impatient!!!

Okay, vent over (and, man, did it feel good!).   What are your nearing-the-end complaints???

Heartburn is so bad I have to take Zantac AND Tums every single night.  And then after I've calmed the heartburn, I have to find a sleep position where I can actually breathe.  Baby is compressing my lungs in most positions, and that compounded with the fact that I'm super congested at night makes breathing really difficult.  So then I try to blow my nose to relieve the congestion, and it's a bloody mess (recurrent nosebleeds).  Oh, and it's not just at night.  Even right now I'm sitting at my desk periodically putting my arms over my head so I can actually take a deep breath.  And we're dealing with condo renovations right now, so the dust everywhere makes it even more fun.

I'm so tired today I'm delirious.  Thankfully, we got early dismissal at 3pm.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If it makes you feel better I am so ready to get this baby out I cant stand it! It hurts to stand or walk for any length of time to the point where I walk like an 80 year old woman. My hips hurt when I sleep, I feel like I don't own any comfortable pieces of furniture, I horrid heartburn, and bending over to put on pants or shoes is a freaking nightmare. Plus I am beyond sick of people telling me that I look huge when i have only gained 28 lbs and I only have 33 more days to go. In 12 days they say I am ok to go into labor and at that point I will be trying anything I can to get him out early.
  • These leg cramps are MISERABLE! I hardly sleep at night. To top it off, I have now have a cold and can't breathe out of my nose so I feel like I'm suffocating when I lay down. I feel great during the day, but as soon as night time hits I go downhill fast. :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All of the above & not being able to breath while having 'exercise all day' I mean chasing after a super active toddler who keeps saying 'ma' & wants me to see/do everything-never getting to rest.  I feel like I'm going to be put on bedrest b/c I can never catch my breath.  It's exasperating. 

Oh but what I really meant to say is that when I look at pregnant women they remind of ballerinas in that they both look so graceful & effortless, but they're both actually really hard physical work!

• Ugh I feel you! I hit a wall this weekend and can't do anything without feeling exhausted. This pregnancy has been very smooth besides morning sickness so I shouldn't complain but the pain this weekend is terrible. I can no longer sleep longer than 45 minute intervals because my hips ache so badly that I need to turn over. My lovely snoogle pillow doesn't help anymore and my poor SO slept on the couch last night since I was tossing so badly. Not to mention baby a likes to wiggle like crazy when I'm laying on my left side which then triggers baby b to go crazy as well. Ahh 6 more weeks, I can do this...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"