July 2013 Moms

excessive saliva

Please tell me that I'm not the only one suffering from this. I'm 11w3d pregnant and I swear it is getting worse! It is to the point that I have to have something to spit into constantly all day and night. To top it off, if I swallow too much I throw it up. So gross, I know. Anybody else have a way of dealing with this?

Re: excessive saliva

• Yep I find that ism now drooling in my sleep...Hottness
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Yeah, its not uncommon. Dh makes fun of me because I'm always "slurping" in my sleep lol
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My baby center app has excess saliva as today's article. It says you can:

-brush your teeth & use mouthwash several times a day

-eat smaller more frequent meals

-Make sure to drink plenty of water

-suck on hard candy to make it easier to swallow the saliva you produce. It says to avoid sour candies and gum, as they increase saliva

Good luck! 

BFP # 1 11/2011, MC 12/2011 
    BFP #2 11/2012, Delivered at 21 weeks on 3/16/13 due to complications with bilateral renal agenesis. 
    ~~Missing Astrid Lynne~~
    BFP#3: 09/2013, EDD 5/14/14

Lilypie - (9zLl)
  • I only notice excessive saliva when I am heaving into the toilet.  I try to swallow a lot to stop the puking, but then I just puke bubbly spit. 

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes I have two bouts of major congestion due to excess saliva and mucus now.  I am not really drooling, but the only two times I have thrown up in my pregnancy I have actually thrown up extra mucus that had accumulated in my lungs.  Mine comes and goes a few weeks at a time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"