Breastfeeding
Options

Traveling out of state for work - what to do about bottles

My DS is 9 months old (tomorrow!). In two weeks I have to travel for work and will be gone 4 days. I plan to pump while I'm gone to keep up my supply. Unfortunately I will have to throw the milk (that might just kill me) as there is not a place to refrigerate it. :( Right now, I am down to one pump at work and supplement a few ounces of formula in the two bottles he takes from the nanny.  The small freezer stash I have left won't last the whole time I'm gone.  Should I have them do 1/2 BM 1/2 formula until the BM is gone? Or just use the BM and give him formula when it's gone? Didn't know if it would make a difference either way.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Traveling out of state for work - what to do about bottles

• Options
    I travel a lot and the hotel will provide me with a fridge free of cost if there is not one in the room.  As for your question s ce he has had formula don't think it will matter either way 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would definitely ask for a fridge in the room. 

Personally, I prefer to keep breastmilk separate from other milks in the bottle so that it can be offered and finished before any other milk. At 9 months, my daughter really reduced her milk intake and I had to start making mini-bottles to minimize waste. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are charging me $25 for a fridge in my room for breastmilk. I would ask the hotel if they have that option available. Totally worth it, even for a small fee!
    Me: 25 DH: 30, TTC since 9/2010 June 2011 found out we have MFI (less than 300,000 sperm) Only hope is IVF/ICSI IVF #1: ER on 11/16; ET on 11/19; Negative beta on 12/1 IVF #2: ET on 2/2; BFP on 2/13!!! Easton James was born on October 30, 2012!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"