June 2013 Moms

BTDT moms: Pregnant sex question

My DH and I have been staying "active" and I just try not to think about the fact that our baby is right there while we're having sex.  I know, it's a natural thing to have sex while you're pregnant, but right now I just try not to think about it while we're doing it. 

So my question is...  when you felt movement, were you still having sex with your husband?  Did you try and time it so the baby wasn't moving?  Every time I think about the possibility of having sex while I can feel LO kicking and moving around it really weirds me out...  Am I being completely irrational or is this a normal thing to be nervous about?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

Re: BTDT moms: Pregnant sex question

• I never felt DS move.  I'm guessing the motion rocked him to sleep.  Every once in a while he would be more active after we were done, but never while we were having sex.  DH is more worried about it than I am.  He says he's afraid he'll hurt Peanut.
  • We still did it after I started feeling movement (otherwise that would be a loooong time).  It definitely is way more weird and can sometimes be distracting.  Luckily, it's only weird for us since the guy doesn't know what's happening, so you just have to try and stay focused on the deed.  I will say that at the end when the movement is way uncomfortable and painful, we didn't have much sex.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • My sex drive went through the roof in 2nd and 3rd tri last time, especially 3rd. The baby has no idea what's going on. It's a little odd I guess, but we never let it bother us.

Your parents probably did it to you :) (Gross thought, I know!) 

DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I never felt DD move during sex. If she did, I was concentrating on other things and didn't notice.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • To be honest, I don't think I ever noticed lol. It didn't really bother me I suppose. Baby is protected way up in your uterus, so it's not really like the baby is hanging out in the vagina with you. 

I think DH was a little weirded out about it, but it didn't bother me at all. By the time I hit my due date, we were having a lot of sexy time. I looked like a whale and it was pretty comical.  

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagePreppy:
    To be honest, I don't think I ever noticed lol. It didn't really bother me I suppose. Baby is protected way up in your uterus, so it's not really like the baby is hanging out in the vagina with you.nbsp;I think DH was a little weirded out about it, but it didn't bother me at all. By the time I hit my due date, we were having a lot of sexy time. I looked like a whale and it was pretty comical. nbsp;
    Pretty much word for word this. Enjoy the sex before because you'll have at least 4 to 6 weeks off after.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagekimberly_ann81:
    I never felt DS move.  I'm guessing the motion rocked him to sleep.  Every once in a while he would be more active after we were done, but never while we were having sex.  DH is more worried about it than I am.  He says he's afraid he'll hurt Peanut.

Same here.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecarmen_sandiego:

Welp, there's my horrifying thought for the day. 

• imagekimberly_ann81:
    I never felt DS move.  I'm guessing the motion rocked him to sleep.  Every once in a while he would be more active after we were done, but never while we were having sex.  DH is more worried about it than I am.  He says he's afraid he'll hurt Peanut.

This for me too. DS never moved when DH and I had sex and DS was a really active baby.  

• imageLuthien1015:
    imagecarmen_sandiego:

Welp, there's my horrifying thought for the day. 

I aim to please. :) 

DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I never even thought about it or him moving during sex
    imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses ladies. I hope I am the same way and either can put it out of my mind, or the LO just chooses to be still during those times!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• We had sex throughout my first pregnancy. It wasn't always easy, but I would make my brain "turn off" noticing her kicking or remembering that she was there, much like you turn off your worries, stop thinking about your to-do list, or obsessing over the fact that your room is dirty etc. Totally normal!
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"