Breastfeeding
Options

Any help for this FTM?

Hi. These are two dumb questions but I'd appreciate advice from you!
1. I'm bf/EPing triplets. I need all the milk I can get. Three months in, only one feed is formula due to lack of supply. I know I need to pump as often as possible to keep it up 3 hours is my goal but life with triplets sometimes pushes that goal back to 4. Last night, by the grace of god, my girls slept for almost 6 hours!!! My boobs were so engorged this morning it wasn't funny. So here's the questionif I go a six hour stretch like that once in a blue moon is it bound to effect my supply? I woke up in such a panic. I know for reading on here that's how you decrease supply if you have an oversupply but that is not the case for me.
2. When my BF girl burped and spit up a bit after feeding there were pieces of what looked like solid material. Is it fat? Is it bad? And is it my fault for weighting six hours before feeding/pumping?

Thanks ladieshappy new year to you!

Lol. I said "weighting" instead of waiting. I can't even use sleep deprivation as an excuseI got 6 hours!
4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Any help for this FTM?

• Options

First of all, congrats on your triplets!  I remember seeing that you were having triplets, but never saw when they were born.  So that is very awesome!  Secondly, congrats on doing such a great job BFing and EPing for your girls!  That is amazing.
    If you are lucky enough to get a long stretch of sleep like that every once in a while, it shouldn't hurt your supply.  If it happened every night, your body would just quit making as much milk overnight. 
    The solid chunks in LO's spit up could have been from a clogged duct.  If you aren't used to going 6 hours without feeding, and went 6 hours one of your ducts could have clogged up a little.  You may not have noticed bc of the engorgement, or you may have noticed a bump and some pain but wrote it off due to the engorgement.  When LO BFd, she could have cleared the clog.  It's no big deal and totally normal.
    Congrats again and HTH.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageTJ1979:

First of all, congrats on your triplets!  I remember seeing that you were having triplets, but never saw when they were born.  So that is very awesome!  Secondly, congrats on doing such a great job BFing and EPing for your girls!  That is amazing.
    If you are lucky enough to get a long stretch of sleep like that every once in a while, it shouldn't hurt your supply.  If it happened every night, your body would just quit making as much milk overnight. 
    The solid chunks in LO's spit up could have been from a clogged duct.  If you aren't used to going 6 hours without feeding, and went 6 hours one of your ducts could have clogged up a little.  You may not have noticed bc of the engorgement, or you may have noticed a bump and some pain but wrote it off due to the engorgement.  When LO BFd, she could have cleared the clog.  It's no big deal and totally normal.
    Congrats again and HTH.

All this. 

Great job BF and EP your triplets, my hats off to you for that!

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just want to say you are awesome for BFing/eping triplets. :] I am in awe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"