August 2012 Moms
Options

My eyes are bloodshot this morning.

I need sleep so bad.  M is finally feeling better so I was hoping she would sleep well last night.  No dice. 

She slept ok from 10-1:30, but woke up at 1:45 to eat.  I nursed her back to sleep, let her sleep on me for a little bit, then put her back in the bassinet.  She immediately woke up and cried.  I tried a paci, patting her tummy, shushing, everything.  I finally picked her back up and nursed again.  She fell asleep again.  THEN SHE WOKE UP AGAIN.  This happened about 5 times.  Finally, H got up with her and took her downstairs.  You guys.  She did not go back to sleep until almost 5am.  And even then, she was very restless.  I am still sick and didn't sleep at all, maybe 2 hours total. 

Crying

Last night, I seriously started thinking about giving her formula before bed from now on to help her sleep - I don't even know if that would work but, omg, something has to give.  She used to be the best sleeper, only waking once at night.  For the last month she has been up at least 3 times at night.  Last week there were 3 nights in a row of her literally being up every hour.  I MAY DIE.

Ok.  Vent over.

Re: My eyes are bloodshot this morning.

• Options
    I feel you! I'm sick too and now I think DS has another ear infection! Ughh please I want to sleep so badly! But this little guy is such a morning person, he's up at 6, the latest, even though it is still dark out!

• Options
    Ever since the wakeful, ds hasn't returned to sleeping normally. He doesn't get up 10 times anymore [thank god], but he gets up at least twice. He's recently taken up comfort nursing, so that's been fun to deal with in the MOTN.

I've basically accepted that I'll never sleep a solid 8 hours, or even 6, until he's in HS and wants to sleep all day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh lady I feel terrible for you! We went through about a month of poor sleeping and I was a wreck! Its amazing how sleep deprivation can affect your mental health! Not saying this was the right thing to do...but we ended up starting sleep training because of that. And she is doing pretty well with it. Hope you get some sleep soon!
  • Options
    It is SO hard, I'm sorry it's still rough for you. During the wakeful I didn't know what was night vs day...I was a zombie. To give you hope a month later we have finally returned to normal. I hope you get some sleep soon.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options

I wish I would have read this before I just posted. We're getting up 3 times a night to feed too. I'm about to lose my mind.

Crying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"