Breastfeeding
Options

when do I stop fenugreek?

I have a good supply but it recently dipped when I had a cold. I started to take fenugreek [seeds with my breakfast] only once a day but it helped my supply get back to where I need it.  Do I need to keep taking the fenugreek to keep the supply up or can I stop? I don't really mind it but my LO seems to be having more frequent stools and has been a bit fussier than usual [he is also teething so it could be totally unrelated but the fenugreek is the only thing I've changed in my routine].  If I cut it out will my supply dip again?

Thanks!

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: when do I stop fenugreek?

• Options
    I stopped cold turkey.  LO seemed more gassy the whole time I took it but my supply was so low that I had to continue it.  Once it came back up, I just stopped.  I didn't notice a dip.  It might have been a little low at a couple of pumps, it not enough to be worried about.  Of course, LO is going through a growth spurt and occasionally wants more than I pump.
  • Options

imageStillharbor:
    I stopped cold turkey.  LO seemed more gassy the whole time I took it but my supply was so low that I had to continue it.  Once it came back up, I just stopped.  I didn't notice a dip.  It might have been a little low at a couple of pumps, it not enough to be worried about.  Of course, LO is going through a growth spurt and occasionally wants more than I pump.

I quit cold turkey also.  I got a stomach virus and couldn't eat or drink anything.  My supply didn't seem to suffer after quitting the fenugreek.  It seems to be pretty fast-acting though, so try cutting it out and if you notice LO being upset, add it back in.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"