3rd Trimester

formula at the hospital

What brand of formula does the hospital usually give the baby during your stay? I have heard that most hospitals have a contract with similac. Is that correct?

Re: formula at the hospital

• When I went to see my new neice, we had to get her a bottle of formula from the nurse, and our hospital has different brands. She actually asked what formula she had taken earlier that day. Similac and Enfamil were both there, I can't remember the other one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Usually enfamil or similac.  Last time, our hospital had enfamil but I had similac samples at home (I bf'd but I had them on hand just incase).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours has all 3 major brands. Call your hospital to find out
  • Our hospital switches every month between enfamil and similac. I guess to keep things "fair" w both companies? I didn't ask why during our tour but now kinda wish I would have!
  • Not sure, but I know my hospital has similac. If you are planning on FFing and are a FTM, the hardest thing for me was switching from premade bottles at the hospital to mixing powder, sad but true... might want to buy some premade stuff for the beginning Wink Diapers are usually always pampers from what I've read. And most hospitals advise against using wipes at first.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know its $$$, but i'm planning on just sticking to the ready to feed with the disposable nipple. With DS1, the amount of time I spent filling and scrubbing bottles and sterilizing nipples was unbelievable. Plus, all the clutter wioth the bottle parts everywhere. I think its worth the expense to stick with the ready to feed. At least for me,
  • A lot of hospitals aren't really giving out samples anymore...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAnnieCat1980:
    I know its $$$, but i'm planning on just sticking to the ready to feed with the disposable nipple. With DS1, the amount of time I spent filling and scrubbing bottles and sterilizing nipples was unbelievable. Plus, all the clutter wioth the bottle parts everywhere. I think its worth the expense to stick with the ready to feed. At least for me,

We did this w/ our DD until she started drinking more than 4 oz per bottle.  After that it became WAY to expensive to continue.  We started using the Playtex drop-in bottles and it was still pretty easy to work with and alot less cleaning and scrubbing involved.  You can still by the read-mixed formula so you dont have to worry about mixing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• my hospital doesn't unless they absolutely have to. Actually my hospital is baby friendly so they have to pay the same price as anyone else for formula and can't accept samples from anyone.

that probably doesn't help you, but you should check, if your hospital is a "baby friendly" hospital then they don't have a contract with anyone, they aren't allowed to. 

• imagedrpayne:
    A lot of hospitals aren't really giving out samples anymore...

Really? I remember that when I had a tough time getting DS to latch, I allowed the hospital to give me the Similac ready made bottles, and they sent me home with, like, a 12 pack which was awwwwesome.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedande2129:

imagedrpayne:
    A lot of hospitals aren't really giving out samples anymore...

Really? I remember that when I had a tough time getting DS to latch, I allowed the hospital to give me the Similac ready made bottles, and they sent me home with, like, a 12 pack which was awwwwesome.  

Yes, it's a new policy that some hospitals are following to be more "baby friendly" or pro-breastfeeding.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"