February 2013 Moms

Stretch marks

So, I'm joining the ranks, I got my first one today. It's all jagged and crooked, off center in the front of my belly. Le sigh. My vanity suffers, but I'll get over it ;) 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Stretch marks

• I just got a couple new ones too. Sad day. And my belly is getting all itchy. Last time my stretch marks appeared in the last three weeks so I'm concerned my belly is going to look insane this time around considering my other ones hadn't fully faded by the time I got pregnant.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh....I could cry! I only got stretch marks bellow my belly button with dd. And this time I am getting them all the way up my stomach. With a little over 5 weeks to go I am sure its just begining!:( Bio-oil...cocoa butter....lotions...3 times a day) I am a firm believer that there is nothing you can do... if its going to happen...it will happen!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageClairasMommy:
    Ugh....I could cry! I only got stretch marks bellow my belly button with dd. And this time I am getting them all the way up my stomach. With a little over 5 weeks to go I am sure its just begining!:( Bio-oil...cocoa butter....lotions...3 times a day) I am a firm believer that there is nothing you can do... if its going to happen...it will happen!

I am a firm believer as well =/ I am watching my belly because any second, I'm going to pop a stretch mark or two. I think I see redness to the left and right of my belly button. I have a web of them on both hips and boobs now so I know it's a matter of time. Hang in there ladies!

FWIW, I have a friend who just posted that her stretch marks have just fully faded and she is a little sad at the loss of the reminder of her carrying her beloved daughter. I thought to myself, what an awesome and positive way to view it. I'm gonna try, but not confident I can reach that level of acceptance :p 

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • You're lucky you've only got one! My belly looks like a road map! LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I knew it was inevitable for me to get them because I've had some since puberty, but it doesn't make it any easier. Not that I planned on wearing a bikini again, but now there isn't an option. Boooo!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • I thought I was dodging the stretch mark bullet and then right as I entered the 8 month...BOOM! They're still below my belly button which is where I hope they remain!

I had a bunch all on my hips and knees from adolescence and they all faded...and you can't even notice them now, so don't fret Whales - you'll still be able to wear a bikini! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I got my first one at 12 weeks. My belly is full of them and it looks like a tiger used my stomach for a scratching post. I watch as each week they go higher and higher. Nothing I can do about it but watch and hope that they fade away...Crying

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageDrea926:

I thought I was dodging the stretch mark bullet and then right as I entered the 8 month...BOOM! They're still below my belly button which is where I hope they remain!

I don't have any YET!  I keep gauging how much more I think my skin can stretch before they hit though.  At some point baby just gains weight and not much lenght so I'm thinking I can't get THAT much bigger can I?  Then again I think i can also get stretch marks on deflation after the baby is out, so really there is no safe zone...if it's going to happen it just is. 

imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish! My tummy is full of them. I knew it would happen though since I have always been prone to them when I gain weight but those were hidden on my hips or really low stomach. Now they're all the way up and im so sensitive about them. My SO tells me they're not bad and "little marks" but I don't see it that way. Oh well knew it would happen with twins!
  • I got my first belly stretch mark on Christmas Day! I was like gee thanks santa that is so NOT what I asked for...My hips, boobs and butt have had a nice assortment of bright red and purple stripes for a while now...I just say it's the tiger in me coming out. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"