March 2012 Moms
Options

Period ?

Heeey! 

So, I just finally got my first period since DD was born yesterday... or I think I did. I'm definitely bleeding, not spotting, but not nearly as heavily as I did before DD... and I really didn't have heavy periods to begin with.

Is that... normal? I'm not complaining, haha, but it is surprising. Anyone else experience littler than normal periods at first?

Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your last couple days of 2012! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Period ?

• Options
    My first one after DD1 was a doozy but we are all different. :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mine are way lighter than pre preg .. I was expecting the Texas Chain saw massacre after all the stories I heard about the first period after birth... and I was like.. ok... so now what? is that it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My first post partum period at 7.5 months lasted 18 days until my ob/gyn and I decided to start Micronor.  It stopped in a couple more days and hasn't returned since.

• Options
    I got my first pp period in November. It (and this month's) were lighter than my pre-prego periods AND I had hardly any cramps! This was major. I was dreading having cramps again after not having to deal with them for so long. I used to have such horrible cramps that my labor contractions couldn't even measure up. I've got my fingers crossed that the trend continues! Good luck to you, I hope that your light period becomes a trend ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine like 6-7 weeks PP. But I only BF for 8 weeks, and produced very little BM. I think my period was the same as it always was. I am 27-28 days, and crampy and a nasty witch. Nothing has changed according to DH!
  • Options

I think everyone has strange periods after having a baby, one way or the other.

Mine came back heavy but short and very, very regular...and at 5 weeks pp.

Now, 3 months ago, all over the board with timing, still heavy, and like 5 days of heavy omw-I'm-bleeding-to-death, then 5 days of spotting. And just when you think you are going to bleed for the rest of your life, it stops. Not. Impressed.

So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I had my first one when Connor was about 6 months and then the second one just last week. I'm going back on birth control this month so hopefully they'll get back to normal. Flow has been the same as before I was pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary
  • Options
    I spotted lightly in October and then nothing until December. Flow and duration was pretty much my norm but I had a random medium flow day a week later and then nothing again.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

The first couple for me were heavier and longer (and I can't use tampons anymore, guess I need to do some serious kegels).  Now they aren't as long but still pretty heavy. 

Might be worth noting that I'm not on any form of birth control (we use condoms) so my cycles might be lighter when I go back on BC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image526SadieSadie:

The first couple for me were heavier and longer (and I can't use tampons anymore, guess I need to do some serious kegels).  Now they aren't as long but still pretty heavy. 

Might be worth noting that I'm not on any form of birth control (we use condoms) so my cycles might be lighter when I go back on BC.

Add me to that so that might be part of the reason for my heavy ones too. Only I am never going back on BC.

(I say as I am still waiting for it to show up this month and hoping it is soon as DH and I are going away next weekend.)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:
    image526SadieSadie:

Add me to that so that might be part of the reason for my heavy ones too. Only I am never going back on BC.

(I say as I am still waiting for it to show up this month and hoping it is soon as DH and I are going away next weekend.)

Me either.. But flow stayed similar.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"