August 2011 Moms

At the risk of sounding stupid

Mobile Bumpers: At the risk of sounding stupid

We have an offer in on a house conditional to us selling our condo by Feb. 8th. DH and I talked about it today, and we are considering pulling the condo off the market if it doesn't sell by then. Instead, we'd do a major remodel so that it could accomodate our needs as a family of 5 - we're talking taking walls down, moving rooms around, etc.

We need someone who will help us get the most out of our current space so that we're not just "making do" with our condo but actually enjoying living there.

Problem is, we have no clue who to call for that type of job. Do we ask an architect? An interior designer? Just a contractor?

I'm also thinking about contacting a few house and home type magazines/TV shows. Who knows? Maybe the challenge would spark their interest? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: At the risk of sounding stupid

• Hi. I come from crazy remodelers. And my dad owns a commercial contracting company.

You should find an architect first. If you have plans made up then you'll get more accurate bids from the contractors. If you're looking for a rough estimate and an architect referral then you can go to the contractor first, but they don't really get involved until after you have real plans. Once you have your plans you'll want three bids from different contractors. If you want an interior designer some contractors can help you find one. They aren't really necessary.

GL mama! Feel free to ask more ???'s
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like Rachey is your go to girl! Keep in mind that you do have supporting walls that may not be easily knocked out. I only know this because I always want to knock down walls and I get the "do you not realize these walls hold up the roof". Whatev. Who needs a roof anyway??? 

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• Loading the player...
  • imageljsmom11:
    I always want to knock down walls and I get the "do you not realize these walls hold up the roof". Whatev. Who needs a roof anyway??? 

LOL - I know my options are kind of limited in that area - stupid roof and all :D - but we'll see what can be done. I am hoping we can somehow turn the 2 bedrooms into 3.

I will also need to get the homeowner association (or whatever you call it for condos) to approve the plans before I can do anything buuuuut we'll cross that bridge when (if) we get there.

Rachey, I just have no idea what I even need to ask right now but I'm sure I will have a ton more questions for you if we do go ahead with this plan. So a big TIA to you :D

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Whoa... sounds like an exciting project!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"