Multiples

light spotting today 12 weeks 4 days pregnant

Hi ladies- I spoke with the on call doctor and they didn't seem concerned but I have had on and off light brown spotting. My question for you all is did this happen to you? Did everything turn out ok? I am going to go in tomorrow to see my OB but I just wanted your input on your experiences.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: light spotting today 12 weeks 4 days pregnant

• Have you had sex or an internal u/s or exam in the last 2 days? Those can cause spotting. I just had spotting for the first time at 32 weeks but mine was because I started dilating, or at least that is what they told me. I'm sure they will take a look to see if they can tell what is causing it. I hope it's nothing. GL tomorrow
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No hanky panky and no u/s. Also no extra activities. I have no cramping or back pain just kind of curious and not too worried just a little concerned. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I hope it turns out to be nothing! Maybe it's external irritation from the lady bits.
  • This happened to me earlier than 12w and it turned to bright red bleeding.  I had a SCH (bleed in my utuerus) that eventually went away.  The good news is that it wasn't harmful to the babies.

Anytime I over did it, was on my feet too much or didn't have enough water I would have cramping and spotting.  Are you drinking enough water?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I never had spotting with Emerson but, with the babies I had the same spotting you describe around 10.4 weeks.  My doctors took every precaution and everything turning out well.  It is very typical to have the spotting around the 2.5  month mark.
  • How far along are you? I had spotting and then a bit if bleeding. I also had the crampy feeling and back pain. When I went in, I had a small placental tear and actual contractions. If you need to go in to ease your mind, do so!
  • I had it at 7 weeks (which is how we found out it was twins!) and again at 12 weeks and both times there wasn't anything wrong, just old blood. I would recommend taking it easy, drinking lots of water and trying not to worry. Good luck!
  • I had the same thing happen to me the doctors told me I have senstive cervix
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Brown is old blood, but if it is red that is when they get concerned or any cramping.
  • Well I went in to ease my mind and the babies were just fine. I wasn't able to see my OB but I saw a different doctor who made me feel much better. She advised me to relax and make sure to not overdo it. I am supposed to go back in on Wednesday if there is any additional bleeding and see my regular OB. I should give a little bit of my history I am on blood thinners (Heparin shots 3 times a day) from previous Pulmonary Embolisms in both lungs and 8 DVT's in my left leg. So the bleeding always makes me worry. I cannot wait to have these babies in my arms! It's worth the worry but dang it can be trying on the nerves. 

• I bled a ton around 7 w. subchorionic hemorrhage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"