March 2013 Moms

Diaper bags

So could someone enlighten me on the whole Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag craze? My SIL says its the best bag ever. I just don't see the point of spending 210.00 on a diaper bag. In addition to them being pricey, they are sort of ugly to me. That print is too much for me. Lol

Re: Diaper bags

• OK, I had to laugh when I saw that these bags are called "petunia pickle bottom".  I'm personally not into bags that have some sort of print on the outside.  I want my diaper bag to look like an actual purse.  I'll probably spend around $100 on a diaper bag, which is what I'd spend on a new purse.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love my skip hop studio bag and it's held up nicely the past 2 years.  And it doesnt look like a diaper bag :)

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHappy2BPregnant:
    OK, I had to laugh when I saw that these bags are called "petunia pickle bottom".nbsp; I'm personally not into bags that have some sort of print on the outside.nbsp; I want my diaper bag to look like an actual purse.nbsp; I'll probably spend around 100 on a diaper bag, which is what I'd spend on a new purse.

That's what I did! See my post below, I spend 106 with shipping. I will use this bag for school and as a purse when I need it, I would never get a diaper bag that looks like a diaper bag with a printed outside and all, just nms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejmayamama:
    I love my skip hop studio bag and it's held up nicely the past 2 years.nbsp; And it doesnt look like a diaper bag :nbsp;

I got an adorable Skip Hop bag for 30 at TJ Maxx! I'm sorry, but diaper bags get messed up. I guarantee no matter how nice the one you buy is you will be replacing it AT LEAST once, so why waste all that money? If I'm gonna spend 200 on a bag it will be coach or Kate Spade or something not some ridiculous designer diaper bag.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • imageLex703:
    So could someone enlighten me on the whole Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag craze? My SIL says its the best bag ever. I just don't see the point of spending 210.00 on a diaper bag. In addition to them being pricey, they are sort of ugly to me. That print is too much for me. Lol

I completely agree! 

I like the Timi and Leslie bags that Abeja1226 mentioned. I was checking them out but I still have my eye on the Babymel Amanda quilted diaper bags. Aside from like the design, I like the outside bottle pockets. I think it's a functional purse-like bag that I will get a lot of use out of and they sell around $110 which I don't find that bad.

My DH has mentioned a few times that I should just get a $40 diaper bag from Wal-Mart but those bags are usually poor-ish quality with Winnie the Pooh etc. themes (I can't stand themed anything). If I'm going to be using the bag daily for a year or two, I want something that will last and has some style.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imagejmayamama:
    I love my skip hop studio bag and it's held up nicely the past 2 years.nbsp; And it doesnt look like a diaper bag :nbsp;

I like this one but am afraid it's too big. I was considering the skip hop dash instead. Do you like the size?
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • I was with you 100....with my first, I spent like 40 and it wasn't great but hell it was a diaper bag. But then my husband bought me a ppb and I love it. Its convenient, spacious but not obnoxious and doesn't wear. There are less ridiculous patterns out there, but agree that some are horrid!!
  • I want a JuJuBe BFF.  They're a little pricey, but everyone seems to love them and they're supposed to be washable.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I agree that the PPBbags are ugly - just my personal opinion of course.  I did however go with a Kate Spade bag which I found a great deal on on EBay.  I figure if I am going to be carrying it around for two years, I want something nice and was willing to therefore spend the same amount on it that I would for a purse. It is nylon and waterproof and the reviews say they can be cleaned easily, and hold up well.  To each his or her own.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • I'm hoping to get a Vera Bradley. I  LOVE her bags and just found a diaper bag by her. They are $100 before shipping. Kind of more than I wanted to pay but I might have to bite the bullet and indulge :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have 2 reasons I don't like PPB bags.  One, you can't wash them and you will want to wash your diaper bag - many times.  Also, I hate that they aren't gender neutral.  I can barely keep all DD's stuff packed in 1 bag so I wouldn't want to deal with another one if my husband wanted his own.  

Get what YOU like. I like Gitta bags and Jujube bags personally.  We have a Columbia diaper bag we got from BRU that's been fine for us also but I want to upgrade before this baby is born.    

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"