March 2013 Moms

Am I the only one who hasn't started the nursery?

So we are turning our current office into the nursery. So far we bought and built a new desk to put in our current playroom and I'm 97% done with emptying out our old desk....just need DH to go through a pile of papers and tell me what he wants to throw out and then we can move the computer, printer and a filing cabinet to the new office area, and get rid of our old desk.

We do have all of the nursery furniture, our crib is unassembled and the pieces are hiding in three different closets around the house and the dresser is in a box waiting to be put together. I bought a chandelier that I need to spray paint, the bedding is in production (ordered a custom set) and I'm in the process of figuring out the curtain situation. We've also bought paint samples for the wall color.

As it stands I have a clear picture of everything that we need to do, but OMG it seems like so much lol. It's a little depressing that every time I walk into our soon to be second nursery it still looks like the same old office to me.

I will be really bummed if we don't finish the new nursery and playroom/office before little one arrives. I know it really doesn't matter (this is my second), but it would be really really nice to have everything done.

Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Am I the only one who hasn't started the nursery?

• I haven't done a thing yet other then clean out one of the closets.  We ordered our furniture but it doesn't come until Feb.  I haven't had my shower yet so we don't have anything for the baby yet.  We still have all the guest room furniture in there and need to paint.  While I feel under the gun I am trying not to stress.  The baby will be sleeping in our room for the first few months so I do still have time.

I would like the nursery to be done before the baby comes but if it isn't then it isn't.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Not started here either.

I was given the bassinet that was used for my mom and her siblings and some of my cousins -- just need a bassinet pad/mattress and my mom made/is making a bunch of cloth diapers for me.  She already made a few blankets and brought them to me last week.  Other than that you can't tell we're getting ready to bring a baby into the house (well, unless you look at my belly Big Smile)

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • Also pregnant with #2 and I have not done anything for 2nd nursery.  We don't know the sex yet and I am torn as to whether I should get new decor for #2 or re do #1's room with more toddler friendly decor passing down her nursery decor and or furniture
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can say that we officially did SOMETHING! We painted the room yesterday! Unfortunately that is IT!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH has to give up his man cave otherwise known as the second master in our condo. Today was the first day of packing up things to put in storage. I will be lucky to see the nursery put together sometime in feb.
  • I've done nothing to prepare for this baby.  Poor thing!  We're in a similar situation- on our main floor we have our master and 1 bedroom (DS's) and upstairs we have 2 bedrooms that will someday be the kids' rooms.  At this point I'm not ready to have DS upstairs by himself so we're going to make his playroom (which is down by the bedrooms) DD's temporary nursery even though it's sorta open and you can't close it off.  I'm not planning to paint it or do anything special- just set up a crib and dresser and call it a day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't done anything either. Haven't even ordered the crib yet. Yesterday was the first move and all we did was work on making the office into the new multifunctional office/guest room.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't done anything & don't plan on doing much until baby is here.  DS#1 has his room, but stayed in our room for his first 5.5 months anyhow, so we plan on doing the same with baby #2.  We are team green, so if this is another boy we might move them both into our guest room/office since it's slightly larger than DS's nursery.  If it's a girl we're unsure yet what we'll do, but probably end up moving one of them into our spare room and figuring out what we'll do with everything in there.  But being we hope to keep #2 in with us for first several months, we have quite a while before we need to do anything.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • We live in a two bedroom so DD is going to stay in our room for the first few months (like DS did).  DS is still in diapers so the changing pad, etc is in his room, as are books, rocker, etc...
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haven't really started yet either. Room is mostly mostly empty, we bought the paint..... But we need to paint, do the flooring, buy crib etc....
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • We're converting our office as well. We're just getting started with cleaning it out since we're both off on a long weekend. Other than that we haven't done much. We ordered the crib but it's not here yet so it's just cleaning and organizing for now!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We haven't really started ours yet either. The room that we are turning into a nursery was our guest room, so we have moved out all of the old furniture, sold it, and packed up what needs to go in storage, but we still have a lot to do. 

This week are ripping out the carpet and putting in the flooring though, and then the following week the painter is going to be painting the room. It should be completed mid January, so we can assemble what furniture we have, and then I can put stuff away before the baby shower on Feb. 2nd.

I know I still have a lot of time, but I feel like its crunch time! Don't stress...you will get it done, a little bit each day!  

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• We are moving two months after LO is born so we do not have any baby furniture.  We are going to be minimalists until the move

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejoschmo717:
    I haven't done anything either. Haven't even ordered the crib yet. Yesterday was the first move and all we did was work on making the office into the new multifunctional office/guest room.

This. Wonk wonk. I'm trying not to freak out, but I feel a preggo meltdown coming. I may just go crazy and throw out everything in the room, currently a guest room. Furniture and bedding will be not custom order, but still we haven't bought anything. Room needs to be sanded and painted, once all the crap and furniture in it is moved out. Sheesh. And I haven't started my registry yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I haven't even picked out nursery furniture yet- and the future nursery is still set up as an extra bedroom. Just yesterday we picked up some paint samples to see what color we like (planning to paint MLK, Jr Day weekend) so if you are behind, I'd hate to think what you'd call our situation :)  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• We haven't really started either..though I wish we were further along! We are in the process of sanding and staining the dresser/changer, and still have crap to move out. After that, we have the crib waiting to be set up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• All we have done is rip out the carpet to expose the hardwood floors. I'm hoping DH and some family will paint it this month and hang pictures and curtains. Other than that, we aren't. Planning to put up the crib until the baby is ready to move in his room. We will leave the guest bed up until then. 

• Nursery? What nursery? We haven't started at all, and now we're going to be delayed further because our landlord wants to replace the carpet. I'm delighted that we'll have clean new floors for LO to crawl around on, but starting to panic a bit that we haven't bought anything or even started rearranging furniture yet.

Worse comes to worse, we'll have a bassinet in our room ready to go by 36 weeks, and wrap up the remaining details of the nursery shortly thereafter. It's not ideal, but better than having nothing!

"Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this! lol. At the end of the day it is true you probably won't need the nursery to be completely done before LO get's here. DD1 slept in a pack n play in our room until 4 months.

...then I think about how she would nap in her crib during the day and how fun it was to show it off when guests would come and visit. Oh well....one foot in front of the other. We will all get there eventually!

Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm glad to hear that so many other people are in the same boat! We are moving my husband's office to a room downstairs so that the baby's room (where his office currently is) can be located closer to our bedroom. This has meant having to redo some things in the other room to make it work for him as an office, which has taken FOREVER. I'm feeling the crunch, too, and it doesn't help that my blood pressure goes through the roof every time someone we know asks "So how's the nursery coming along?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"