2nd Trimester

Anyone Feeling Movement from the Outside?

I've been feeling strong thumps and bumps for the past couple weeks now (currently in week 21/22). I'm excited for the hubby to be able to feel kicks - so I was wondering if anyone here had be able to feel the thumps on the outside.

If not, when does that typically happen?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone Feeling Movement from the Outside?

• With DD I only started to feel movemnt at 22 weeks - and it was a week or so before I could feel it on the outside. With this pg I have been feeling movement since 17 weeks or so and I think I was 19 weeks when I started feeling it from the outside. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband has been able to feel both of our boys around 19-20 weeks. 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We were able to feel LO at 22 weeks. Christmas day!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • With DS#1, I felt movement (very faint) from the outside at  22weeks, but DH had a hard time feeling it because it was so inconsistent.  

This time I can see my clothes moving at 25 weeks- odd! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started feeling outside movements 2 days ago and my husband felt baby move for the first time yesterday. I'm 22 weeks today. This is my 3rd baby. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I felt my first outside movement at 18 weeks, 2 days (on Friday).  My husband felt them too. I have a posterior placenta so I knew it was possible that I'd feel them earlier on. I only feel them at night though.
  • Being a bit on the fluffy side certainly takes away from feeling the movement on the outside early. I felt Joey on the outside once or twice last week, but since he's a clever and sneaky little booger, he stops moving when DH is around. It's like he's playing tricks on his Daddy already! Anyways, I'm hoping being able to feel him more consistently on the outside will happen here in the next few weeks. He also seems to like being closer to my back, and that appears to make a difference as well in terms of feeling his kicks on the outside.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yup, started feeling outside movements a few weeks ago. H has yet to feel any tho. most of the big movements happen at night
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • We started being able to see and feel lo moving from the outside somewhere between 23 and 24 weeks.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I can only feel movement on the outside faintly. DH still hasn't been able to feel anything.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I started feeling occasional movement at 17 weeks, but it wasn't consistent until 20 weeks. I saw my belly twitching from her kicks for the first time on Christmas day (23 weeks), and if I happen to have my hand resting there, I can feel it a little bit from the outside. The trick for me has been to just sit with my hand there and wait. If I touch my stomach after I've already started feeling her move, then she decides to stop. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DD, I think it was 22 weeks when we could see kicking from the outside and DH could feel her. This time, DH was able to feel LO at 16 weeks! I know that is on the earlier side for movement though...
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• i've been able to feel movement on the outside since about 17 weeks.  i think DH felt it for the first time around 18 weeks.  i've been able to see movement in the apast week or so (23 weeks).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"