September 2011 Moms
Options

What do you miss?

From the earlier baby months  I mean. I answered in Beca's post that I miss laying on our backs and readIng books (specifically Dr. Seuss books). I also miss nursing him to sleep- NEVER thought i'd say that!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you miss?

• Options

Crying I miss soooo much ladies! I seriously think I am going through Bo baby withdrawl!

I miss his coos, his newborn cry, his newborn and size 1-2 swaddler diapers, I miss watching his deep blue eys track an object in pure wonder!

All of the baby jammies, and the constant nursing routine. I miss my nursing nook and the innocence of a late night feeding where it was just Bo and I rocking and enjoying the world we created.

I miss him. The baby that would relax in my arms and make bubbles with his lips! The baby that would lay his cheek against mine and just be...He sometimes still does this, and I thank God for every cheek-to-cheek moment I get.

TMI...but I loved the smell of his baby poo diapers! haha It did not smell bad to me at  all!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I miss being able to wear her while I clean the house. I didn't realize how nice it was to not have a baby come behind you and undo what you just did.

It occurred to me today that I don't remember the last time I saw her crawl. I miss her little naked tush crawling around.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I miss nursing.  C was the longest I nursed...I nursed DD until she was 5 months, DS#1 until he was 7 months and C until he was 13 months and miss it every day.  Knowing he's our last makes it so much harder.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I miss rocking him and singing to him to sleep. The other day he was fussing in his sleep and I started caresing his back and singing... It brought so many memories....

• Options
    I miss when he would nap while at the IL's instead of get into everything he shouldn't
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I miss nursing so much, it was always the one thing that would definitely calm him down. Just seeing him look up at me while he nursed then slowly fall asleep....ah, I just miss that so much.
    I also miss his big toothless, gummy smiles, his newborn cry, his coos....gosh, I miss so much.Crying
  • Options
    I miss her sleeping on me, cooing, and the way she would stare and smile at random things.  I miss putting her down in one place and her staying there, and the smell of her little baby head with hair that was easy to tame.  I miss her tiny chubby hand wrapped around my finger or a toy.  Umm...yeah, there's a lot :/

• Options
    I miss nursing. I never thought I would but I miss the closeness and cuddle time we would have nursing. I miss that I could nurse him to calm him down and get him to sleep. I also miss that I could plop him in his bouncy seat and he would sleep or watch me while I cleaned. Oh and I miss the infant car seat that I could just pop in and out of the car during errands instead of fighting to get him in the seat every time we get in the car. 
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • Options
    I miss a lot.  We're still nursing, but I miss when he didn't randomly bite (those teeth hurt!).  I miss being able to NIP and not have him trying every three seconds to remove the cover because he doesn't like not being able to look around.  I miss the coos and gummy smiles.  I miss his BM poo diapers... they didn't smell bad at all - especially compared to his poo diapers now!  I miss him staying in one spot when I put him down on his mat. 

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I miss putting her down in one spot and coming back to find her in the same spot!
  • Options
    i miss napping with him on the couch. We never co-slept but when we were both sleepy during the day we'd snuggle up and it was wonderful. Now if i try it, he pokes me in the eye and then climbs over me to get down, head first.
  • Options

I miss just about everything you ladies have already mentioned!

Nursing, newborn coos & funny noises, napping, baby staying in one place!

I also miss being able to cook dinner without a little monster ripping apart three cabinets of tupperware & pots and pans! I also miss my clean floors -- he's going through a "dump my entire plate of food on the floor when I'm done eating" stage. :)

A year from now... I wonder what we'll be missing about this stage??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I miss putting him in his bouncer. It was his favorite thing ever! He would just lay there and kick his feet and coo and make the sweetest baby noises. 
  • Options
    Being able to put him down and know he couldn't go anywhere.

The little clothes.

Those little NB coos.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I miss having a little baby - he looks like such a little boy now.

I miss him fitting in my arms, now sometimes it seems like I can barely hold him Crying.  I miss the sweet baby scent on his head and neck, and I miss him sitting/laying still - for diaper changes, when I'm cleaning or working on something.  I miss the "milk drunk" face.  I miss being able to hold him while he sleeps.

• Options

When I was knee deep in newborn miserie I thought I'd never miss anything.  But looking back I miss it ALL.  I miss those days on maternity leave where all I did was just BE with him.  Nurse, snuggle, nap, repeat, all day.  It seemed so consuming at the time, I missed my freedom, but man, I'd give anything to have one of those days back. 

I miss rocking him and making up songs for him.  I miss how freaking cute he looked swaddled all tight.  Swaddling him was like a tranq dart, his eyes would get so heavy, I miss that look.

I cannot wait to do it again.

• Options
    I love reading all these responses.

I really miss her breath, the way she smelt before her first real bath, skin on skin contact, nursing her, the way her skinny little legs would bounce back to a frog position after a diaper change when she was itty bitty, the way she would arch her back and scrunch her forehead and eyebrows when she had to stretch after a lil snooze, and I could hold her easily with one arm, the way her whole head fit into the palm of my hand, the way she coo'd, and everything else about her being little. I love this little girl and i can not wait to experience it again with Rylee2.0.
  • Options
    I miss having a sleeping baby on my chest.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"