Infertility
Options

Anyone else feel AWFUL on Gonal F?

Hi ladies,

I'm fairly new here. I was dx with PCOS in April and was referred to my RE. I am currently on my 3rd cycle - 1st cycle was Clomid only. I did 2 rounds (50mg then 100mg) to get growth and was slow to respond. Ended up with 2 follicles (19mm and 16mm) and did IUI - bfn. My second cycle was also Clomid only, 2 rounds again at a higher dose (100mg then 150mg) but I did not respond at all and my cycle was cancelled. Now here I am on my third cycle but first with injectables. I did 5 days (cd3-7) of 100mg of Clomid, then the following night 75iu of Gonal-F. I went in for monitoring the next morning and I had to follicles at 12mm on the right and my e2 was the highest its been at 240. Took 1 night off and then did another injection of 75iu on Friday night. At my monitoring appointment Saturday my follicles were 14mm and 17mm but my e2 dropped to 179 :-(  All day I was exhausted, bloated and nauseous. I actually slept more yesterday than I was awake. Last night they had me up my Gonal - F to 150iu and I feel just as awful today but at least my follicles are at 19mm and 15.4mm. I am supposed to use 150iu of Bravelle tonight (as I am out of meds and that is all they had in the office) and I am dreading feeling like this tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get to trigger tomorrow night...

So for those of you who have used gonal f or injectables did you feel this awful? Is it normal? 

I appreciate you input and am glad there is a place with other ladies going through this same infertility stuff - it really sucks sometimes!!! And as wonderful as my dh is (especially giving me the injections) he just doesn't get it a lot of the time.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone else feel AWFUL on Gonal F?

• Options
    I'm sorry I really don't have much advice for you but it does sound like they have your meds on a roller coaster. I never feel well while on stims, whether it be a headache or just no energy. Welcome here and good luck. You might also want to look at the TTTC board, you will find more women doing the same or similar cycles to your IUI cycle.  Best wishes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used Gonal F for my IVF. I was on 225iu and I didn't have any side effects from it. But I guess it is different for everyone. Hope your feeling better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I was pretty sick, the only thing to do is just keep thinking that it is only a few days.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I hate feeling this way but last night was the last injection this cycle : I trigger tonight and my iuiis set for Wednesday morning. Hopefully i'll be feeling better asap.

Thanks again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"