Health & Exercise
Options

Is vitamix worth it?

The blenders are super expensive? Does anybody own one? If so, which model and was it worth it? How often do you use it and what do you make?

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
RSVP Deadline: 10/2

Re: Is vitamix worth it?

• Options
    A friend of mine is a professional chef and wears by it.  Although I cook often, I can't justify the expense, especially when I have a decent blender and an awesome food processor.  As PP stated, if $$ is not an issue, then I would get it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I have one, not sure of the model at the moment but it was around $550. My MIL is a Costco member and you can get pretty good deals through them, that's where I got mine. My package came with the dry blender as well, which is great because being gluten free I grind a lot of my own grains. I use it almost everyday, some days more then once. I make pancake and cake batter in it as well as quick breads. I haven't tried any soups that you make using just the blender but I do blend up peas and squash to put in other soups. I also use it for the first thing everyone thinks of..smoothies and frappe's. :-) For me the price was worth it. I also asked for it for mother's day so I think that helped as well. :-) They do last forever, my grandma has had one for 10 years and it is still going strong.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I bought the model they were selling at Costco on a special that was about $500 (like the earlier post). I made smoothies with spinach, grapes, and pineapple every day for two weeks and then took it back because I just couldn't justify spending that much on a suped up blender. 

That said, I think about getting one again when money is less tight.... but I will get a less expensive model. The $500 model had these settings (soup, smoothie, etc.) that vary the speeds for you, but Costco sells a model that is less than $400. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine about a year ago and love it!  My favorite thing to use it for is green smoothies.  It's a great way to clean the veggeis out of the fridge and I love that I can just put whatever in there and it always blends perfectly.  I also use it to grind flaxseed, coffee, make fruit smoothies, and for soups and dips.  I use it at least 3-4 times a week, sometimes more.
  • Options
    It is worth it and I'm thrifty. I use it to make baby food in batches. I also use it as a mixer, chopper, etc since don't own one. Worth the investment.
  • Options
    I absolutely love mine, I bought it 9 months ago and have pretty much drank a smoothie a day and lost a lot if weight on it.  It is fast and even cleans itself.  I bought mine for 500 on eBay and it is usually 750.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"