Cloth Diapering

NB prefolds

I ordered small and medium. After washing them up and seeing how small they got, I'm worried the NB will be a waste of money. They are only about two inches too long for my covers, but I can fold that down. I put them on a doll I have, that has a small waist like a NB, and they aren't very wide to pin around.

Did anyone get decent use out of your NB size?
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: NB prefolds

• I thought that the smallest size of prefolds I had were going to be useless too... but to our surprise, DD was much smaller than we thought and she got a good month out of them. They were the only ones to fit her at first. Now we use them for rags.  You can also use them to stuff pockets.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetjkdlhb:
    I thought that the smallest size of prefolds I had were going to be useless too... but to our surprise, DD was much smaller than we thought and she got a good month out of them.nbsp;They were the only ones to fit her at first.nbsp;Now we use them for rags.nbsp; You can also use them to stuff pockets.

Thanks for your input! How small was she?
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I had infant size prefolds (7-15 lbs) as opposed to NB size prefolds (5-10 lbs). DD was just over 7 lbs at birth, but lost a whole pound in the hospital. The infant PFs were pretty big that first week, but were fine after that. I'm glad I did not buy the NB-specific.

• We got osocozy infant size, not sure if that's bigger? And they were too big till 3 weeks and still fit her at 4 months. She was 7lbs 11oz at birth and maybe 16lbs now?
  • She was 5 lbs 4 oz.

I had the bummis nb pack.

Don't forget that they can also be sold so you can make some money back.

• LO is 4 weeks old today and we're still using newborn prefolds. She was 7lbs 14oz at birth, probably around 10lbs now. It looks like we'll bump up to small prefolds in a week or two, but she was so skinny and long at birth that I was definitely glad we had newborn size!
  • I'm buying from GMD, if that makes a difference.

We are expecting a 7 to 8 pound baby, I'm guessing, so I should probably get the NB. Thanks ladies!
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• I had GMD NB prefolds, my newborn used them until about 10 lbs when we switched to pockets. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"