November 2011 Moms

Family Vac in Charlotte

My entire extended family takes a big vacation every year or two.  Somehow, I tend to be in charge of planning and research.  We live in Vegas, some family is in Florida and the remainder in NJ.  We try to make it driving distance for the FL group for finances, plus they're willing to drive up to 12hours for any trip.  I've done a bit of research and am liking the idea of Charlotte, NC.  We have a large group (about 18) and kids ranging from 1 to 16.  Has anyone traveled to Charlotte?  Would you recommend it?  We've been to Williamsburg, Orlando, PA, Delaware, Washington DC and upstate NY oh and a cruise to Canada from NYC.  Anyone have any other suggestions if you don't think Charlotte would be good?  We're planning to go for about a week in early July (after the holiday though). TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Family Vac in Charlotte

• I have never been to Charlotte, but I just wanted to add that my family has been to Hilton Head, SC and we loved it. Just another suggestion! :-) The beach was nice and it was a very family friendly place (bike rentals together might be fun).
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Charlotte is nice, but you could also consider Myrtle Beach and the Outer Banks. We rented a house at the Outer Banks last year and had a blast! However, the beginning of July will be the expensive season. We went the first week in June and it was very reasonable (especially since we shared the house with our friends).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm from NC and grew up about an hour away from Charlotte. I think it's a great city and there's alot to do. But, the PPs suggestions are good too, myrtle beach, hilton head, and the outer banks are all really nice and fun. The beaches would be pretty busy that time of year though. Myrtle beach definitely has a lot of tourist stuff to do. Hilton Head is beautiful and great for shopping. There's also the mountains of NC and tennessee if you you'd want to go that route. I've been to Asheville, Boone, and Grandfather MT in NC, and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN. I live in Savannah GA now, its a great city too, very historic and beautiful.

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was going to suggest the Delaware beaches instead, just because they are a lot of fun but it seems you've already done that.  Another fun option might be Ocean City Maryland.  DH's family always talks about it being a really good time, but I've never been.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • imageLittleMommaBlueHen:
    I was going to suggest the Delaware beaches instead, just because they are a lot of fun but it seems you've already done that.  Another fun option might be Ocean City Maryland.  DH's family always talks about it being a really good time, but I've never been.

I've been to Delaware before. I really did not enjoy it! The water was COLD! And we went there in mid July.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"