Stay at Home Moms

Regular plates, cups, forks

When did your LO stop using sippys all together?  DD is capable of using a regular cup but I tend to give her sippy's in the car and while roaming freely through the house, she also has a no leak sippy with water next to her bed. I've also noticed she drinks more if it's in a sippy vs. regular open cup.

When did you start feeding them with regular dishes, not the plastic melamine type?

When did they start using regular adult size spoons & forks?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Regular plates, cups, forks

• I go back & forth w/open & sippy cups. Mainly for the same reasons you described. They are both more than capable of using real cups, plates, etc.. however we have plastic ones from Sesame Place & most recently from Christmas that they prefer to use. As for silverware, they've used regular adult size for quite some time. I'd say around 2 yo. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • DS2 started drinking from an open cup probably around 20 months? I can't remember. DS1 was about 2. We still have sippy cups if they take water out of the kitchen.

We have stainless steel camping plates that they use to eat with. Once in awhile DS1 (he'll be five in February) will use our regular plates and bowls. DS2 still can't be trusted with them! DS1 uses a regular-sized spoon and a salad fork with meals.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Sippies when they can handle it, forks and spoons when they fit their mouths, and my kid has always used the regular dishes.
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"