3rd Trimester

relentless headache!!

I've had a horrible headache on and off for a couple days now, I know I need to get to see my chiropractor about it but that's not an option until at least Monday. 

So far I've tried tylenol, vicodin, a bath, a heating pad, stretching or any muscle activity makes it worse.  

My blood pressure is on the high end of normal, but not worrisome yet.

Any tips I haven't tried yet???

TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: relentless headache!!

• If your headache is not taken care of by tylenol you should probably call your doctor, especially if you BP is even kind of high. It might not be related and it's also a possibility it's a bad migraine and they might be able to give you something for it that's safe during pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• I would call your OB if you haven't already, just in case.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRaeily:
    If your headache is not taken care of by tylenol you should probably call your doctor, especially if you BP is even kind of high. It might not be related and it's also a possibility it's a bad migraine and they might be able to give you something for it that's safe during pregnancy.

Agreed.  I just was in L&D for lightheadedness and they were very interested in whether or not I had any headaches - especially with higher than normal BP!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRaeily:
    If your headache is not taken care of by tylenol you should probably call your doctor, especially if you BP is even kind of high. It might not be related and it's also a possibility it's a bad migraine and they might be able to give you something for it that's safe during pregnancy.

i agree call the doc., don't risk pre-e slipping up. High B/p and head aches are bad enough. Chiropractor may not help much.

do you have a history of high b/p? 

• Tylonel never does anything for my headaches, I just drink a coke - seems to be the only thing that helps while pregnant.
  • I would take the other PP's advice and call your OB, or a toll free nurse hotline for advice. I would also recommend drinking plenty of water. I get really bad headaches and my OB said that it was because I seem to have a tendency to get dehydrated easily. I hope this helps, since you won't be able to talk to your doctor until the morning at the earliest (I'm guessing... seeing as it is Sunday night).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"