Stay at Home Moms
Options

Mrs. Greg

any updates on how your mom is doing? I've been thinking about you.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mrs. Greg

• Options
    Hi, thanks for checking.  It's been a difficult day.  When I got to the hospital this morning, I found out my mom had been moved to critical care last night.  She was having a hard time chewing and swallowing her food.  The nurses have been feeding her meals to her with no problem until dinner last night.  My brother tried first while he was there but she wouldn't open her mouth.  The nurse said she would try again later.  When she did, my mom would take bites but not chew and tried to swallow bites of food whole or would chew and the food fell out of her mouth.  I can't even tell you how disturbing this was to hear. The nurse called the doctor immediately.  He moved my mom to critical care.  I guess this was late in the night, like 10pm.  The nurse there started feeding her a smoothie threw a straw and she did ok and ate most of it.  They did the same for breakfast and she finished that one.  She is still not talking to anyone but is squeezing the nurses' hands or lifting her arm, etc when asked.  They aren't sure why she was having a hard time eating.  They did an EEG and a second MRI (I confirmed this morning that an MRI was done the first day she got there and everything looked normal) to see if she is having seizures or if she has had a stroke.  They started the tests this afternoon.  My brother went there this evening to see what they found but they have to wait for the doctor to review the results.  I talked to my brother at about 8 and he said they had just brought her back to her room before he got there.  I am going there first thing in the morning to talk to the doctor.  So now I just wait.  Hopefully we will have some answers tomorrow.  Thanks again for asking.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thats got to be so stressful. I'm sorry you guys are going through this. It was easier with my mom because she was very responsive with describing what was happening, but they weren't sure if she was having seizures or strokes at first either. Do you know if they might do an MRA? (similar to MRI but it checks the blood vessels in the brain). 

I hope you guys get some answers soon. Keep us updated as you can. =) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"