Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Swollen Feet

Do you ladies have any suggestions to help swollen feet? 

I know it's normal but it got so bad I can't even walk up my short flight (4 steps) of stairs without feeling like I'm going to fall over.  I drink a lot of water, cut back on salt intake, and sleep with feet up but I think they are getting worse everyday.  Hoping this doesn't last too long...I've had to wear my husbands shoes just to go outside for my appointments lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swollen Feet

• My feel were HUGE until about 10 days after I had my son.  I was really concerned about it and I ended up going to the doctor and having an ultrasound on my legs (in case it was blood clots causing the swelling), but it turned out to be just normal swelling that went away on its own.  You may just have to wait it out. Though if you are swollen more in one leg/foot than the other you should get it checked out as it could be a clot.

• I had swelling at the end of my pregnancy but after LO was born it was 10 X worse!  I couldn't bend my ankles or knees without it feeling like my skin was going to split open.  Laying flat while sleeping helped a little but not much.  You just have to wait it out.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had swelling too.. I tried laying down.. elevation.. ice packs.. but nothing really made it go away completely. My doctor also suggested compression socks.. which I ever ended up trying.
    After LO was born it was even worse. I had to wear slippers home from the hospital because my sneakers didn't fit anymore. They went back to normal about 10 days later.
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIdani:
    When did you have your baby? It sounds like it's getting worse rather than better and that would concern me enough to ask my doctor.nbsp; You are doing things that should be helping not making it worse.

The 2 weeks after delivery were the worst for my swelling, which is normal, especially if you were on iv fluids for a long period of time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStillharbor:
    I had swelling at the end of my pregnancy but after LO was born it was 10 X worse!  I couldn't bend my ankles or knees without it feeling like my skin was going to split open.  Laying flat while sleeping helped a little but not much.  You just have to wait it out.

this; four weeks PP I still have some swelling and fluid in my joints, but it gets a little better each day.  

• My little guy is a week old and i was hooked to loads of fluids due to diabetes and c-section.  They seem better today.  Glad to know I'm not alone in this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the same problem.  Compression socks helped some, in addition to the things you're already doing.  All of it sudden, it just went away, maybe 2 weeks after LO was born.  Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"