March 2012 Moms
Options

Johnny Jump Up Bidding War

I posted our used Johnny Jump Up on our local facebook flea market page a couple days ago.  It's been through 2 boys.  I posted it at $10 figuring I would be lucky to get that out of it when brand new ones are $19.88 on the Walmart website.  I got one person say she was interested in it the next day and messaged her back today to make arrangements.  While waiting to hear back from her, a guy messages me about it and says he'll give me $15 for it if he can have it now! (did I mention that a brand new one is only $19.88?!)  Too bad I couldn't go anywhere today because my car seats were still in hubby's car at work and this person doesn't drive.

I did notice that they all seem to be out of stock online right now, was there a recall I don't know about?  Maybe he's willing to pay that much for a used one because they are hard to get at the moment or perhaps just clueless that he could get a brand new one for only $4.88 more?  We used to work at the same store, so I know he's not some creeper trying to lure me somewhere or some sort of rip-off scheme.  I'm just really surprised that I was offered that much!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Johnny Jump Up Bidding War

• Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

imageExcited30:
    I have to ask it, but I'm clueless with this...what is a Johnny Jump Up ?

like a jumperoo, but hangs from the doorframe. like this: https://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=184&pfid=1687

Yeah, the fact it has to hang on the door frame made me think I was less likely to be able to sell it since not everyone has trim around their doors to hang from.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

Nam- that is too funny! People are weird sometimes...Plus, maybe they've only seen girl themed ones and yours is more 'boy'? 

Mine is blue with green froggies.  Maybe they are froggy fanatics? haha  I really think we probably only paid $15 for it when we bought it in 2010.  Just hope he doesn't back out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenamcgee:
    imagemrscjmb9410:

imageExcited30:
    I have to ask it, but I'm clueless with this...what is a Johnny Jump Up ?

like a jumperoo, but hangs from the doorframe. like this: https://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=184&pfid=1687

Yeah, the fact it has to hang on the door frame made me think I was less likely to be able to sell it since not everyone has trim around their doors to hang from.

I always thought there were extremely popular since they've been around since before I was a baby. We have no doorframes but rigged up a support system tied into the beam to make it work.

I got mine used for $5. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

Just don't tell the guy who's buying mine that! LOL

• Options
    imagenamcgee:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

Just don't tell the guy who's buying mine that! LOL

hahaha. I won't. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"