Pregnant after a Loss

Grace, can I borrow your healthy eating thread?

A while back Grace did a thread for us to post something healthy we ate recently that was yummy to encourage one another in eating well. The power of suggestion is very strong for me during pregnancy and I'm sure we all can use some healthy eating encouragement after the holidays! Bonus points as always  for a PIP!
My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: Grace, can I borrow your healthy eating thread?

• I had a grapefruit with zero calorie sweetener on top and a bowl of cottage cheese. It was yummy!
    My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• I love this idea! Especially since it seems like the only foods that appeal to my angry tummy are pure garbage.

I made stuffed peppers the other night using ground turkey, brown rice, and fresh veggies, with just a little cheese on top. They were delish and packed with protein!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagelrichmond86:
    I love this idea! Especially since it seems like the only foods that appeal to my angry tummy are pure garbage. I made stuffed peppers the other night using ground turkey, brown rice, and fresh veggies, with just a little cheese on top. They were delish and packed with protein!

stuffed peppers are one of my favorite go-to dinners when eating healthy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• This inspired me to eat clementines instead of Doritos :).
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1 - 1-25-2012. Missed M/C discovered at 9 weeks 3 days. D&C 3-9-2012

BFP #2 - 10-11-2012 Beta 38, 10-15-2012 Beta 518!.
  • DH and I love wings and its the one thing that sounds appetizing right now so I am making baked garlic parmesan wings, not the healthiest but a better alternative to picking up take out wings that are fried, also I have been having strawberries(frozen) as a snack after dinner
    BFP #1 DD 5/31/08 BFP #2 EDD 12/02/10 mmc found 4/28/10 D&C 5/13/10 BFP #3 DS 5/15/11 BFP #4 EDD 08/02/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a container of pre-cut fruit in the fridge which makes me way more likely to snack on it.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Had some yummy sugar snap peas earlier and currently snacking on pretzels with cranberry mustard.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• imagedtowngirl:
    This inspired me to eat clementines instead of Doritos :).

yeah! That's what it was for! And clementines sound yummy BTW!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagecekelly11:
    DH and I love wings and its the one thing that sounds appetizing right now so I am making baked garlic parmesan wings, not the healthiest but a better alternative to picking up take out wings that are fried, also I have been having strawberries(frozen) as a snack after dinner

baked wings go into the healthy list in my book! Lots of protein. I like them with tobasco sauce for a little heat!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Great idea! For breskfas I had 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambledvwith some cheese, a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and some pineapple.

Blessed what kind of sweetner do you use?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm loving all types of melon and fresh pineapple.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm a huge soup and stew fan, especially this time of year.  It doesn't take much time to chop some vegetables and meat, put them in a big pot together with some spices...a couple of hours later, you have some truly delicious and healthy comfort food. :)
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Just had some carrots and hummus. I recommend www.eatingwell.com and www.wholeliving.com for recipe ideas. And using the crock pot is great!
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• imageAtleighdan:
    Great idea! For breskfas I had 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambledvwith some cheese, a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and some pineapple. Blessed what kind of sweetner do you use?

I don't think I could ever get tired of scrambled eggs with cheese! 

Right now I am using Truvia. I also use stevia in the raw.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageKMac570:
    I'm a huge soup and stew fan, especially this time of year.  It doesn't take much time to chop some vegetables and meat, put them in a big pot together with some spices...a couple of hours later, you have some truly delicious and healthy comfort food. :)

I seriously need to start doing this!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagebig_noise:
    Just had some carrots and hummus. I recommend www.eatingwell.com and www.wholeliving.com for recipe ideas. And using the crock pot is great!

both these websites look great! Thanks for sharing!

BabyFruit Ticker

• And now I feel guilty seeing how I just finished off a Reese's...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw man, now I really want some frozen grapes!!

Tomato soup with brown rice is about the only thing I can stomach right now. I can't even think about meat without my stomach turning. At least I can still handle fruits and veggies.
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Of course! Awesome thread! I am also easily swayed by the power of suggestion.

This weather has me craving soup, and it's easy to make nutritious and hearty soups. Today I had some made-from-scratch tomato soup, it was awesome. Some days I am in the mood for brothy, some days chunky, and some days creamy.  

• Last night I baked sliced tomatoes with parmesean, oregnano, and a bit of salt, pepper & olive oil on top.  (It was a recipe I found on Pinterest.) YUM!

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/baked_parmesan_tomatoes.html

Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"