October 2011 Moms
Options

TOYS TOYS TOYS! Vengence will be mine.

My kids, predictably, got a ton of toys.  I don't even really mind loud musical toys, or toys with lots of pieces or that make a mess.  What I hate are toys that have lots of pieces but nothing to put them in onces you have to destroy the box they came in, in order to get at the pieces.  Then the pieces either get lost or you step on a million pieces all the time. My kids each got a present like this. My DD's present was from me and to my defense it was a board game and one doesn't expect that you will have to destroy the package in order to access the game pieces.  Like WTF? I think I can modify the box to keep the game in but seriously, it's a board game!!! The one my son got is infinitely more annoying.  And he is a bit young for it.  It was from my brother.

https://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/81693.aspx

My brother got DS this.  My father spent a full 45 minutes removing the packaging.  DS has played with it a couple of times and if it had been me I would have only taken a couple of tools out of the package.  But nope my dad, excited about playing workshop with his only grandson opened the whole thing.  My dad then took the boots he got as a present out of the box and put them in the boot box.  Sounds like a perfect solution.  Then DS fell and sat on the box taking a fake saw up the bum and squashing the box.  So then they were all thrown in a grocery bag, which promptly tore.  So for 4 days now I have been walking around stepping on random plastic screws, nearly breaking my leg on a hand planer, today I remembered we have a plastic toolbox in the garage that was storing duct tape.  It is now holding all the damn tools.  But you know what?  I see beads or moon sand in my neices future. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TOYS TOYS TOYS! Vengence will be mine.

• Options
    We put everything with pieces in big ziplock bags and are kept out of reach. They only get one out at a time.
  • Options

Sterilite 0.625-Gallon (2.5-Quart) Latch Box, Set of 6

I just bought a couple of these for that exact same reason. I like that they fit on the shelves of her bookcase and it's see-through so I know what's in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStewartandmaura:

Sterilite 0.625-Gallon (2.5-Quart) Latch Box, Set of 6

I just bought a couple of these for that exact same reason. I like that they fit on the shelves of her bookcase and it's see-through so I know what's in it.

Walmart is having sales on plastic storage containers. I plan to pick up a few more. I bought some for DD's Veggie Tale nativity set and playdough but I definitely need more!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow, that was really long.

Did you know there is a whole store just dedicated to containers? YW.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Definitely get her moon sand. When my older day was younger that crap use to  drive me crazy. Play dough eventually dries up, but moon sand lives on and on.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagepearblossom:

Whhhaaaat? What store is this you speak of?

Details needed!

• Options
    imageLatteLady5:
    imagepearblossom:

Whhhaaaat? What store is this you speak of?

Details needed!

It's called the container store. No shittt.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just found it online! I will go there one day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"