Multiples

Feeding ?

Hello! Can you share how you bottle feed both babies at once? I am putting them in their nap nannies and holding the bottles in their mouths, which has presented it's own challenges, like the twins moving their heads too much to stay put. I try to feed each separately when the opportunity presents itself, but this does not always work when I have two screaming babies. Any suggestions for what works for you? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeding ?

• I've always done one in a boppy and one in my lap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I put them on a pillow in my lap, swaddled if I have time, back to back, and prop my feet up on my coffee table so they are at a slight incline. That way I can rest my arms on the pillow. 

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Two Boppies (with extra rolled-up blankets for positioning help when they were newborns) and then two bouncy seats. It's tricky but my boys took 45-60 minutes to finish a feed for the first few months, eating every 2.5-3 hrs, so that was just really impractical to feed them one at a time.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • one in a boppy and one on my lap, or one on my lap and one in the RnP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Judge away...I put them in the boppies and let them look at what interests them. For example, one LOVES to stare at the TV and one LOVES to look out the window. So I position then in a way that allows them to see those things. I realize this won't work forever, but it does help to keep them focused on eating :.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• double breastfeeding pillow?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
    My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"